Finding and Using Wooden Crates

One of the electronics firms here in town regularly gets rid of wooden crates. I went to the shipping and receiving boss and asked if I could have them. They said "sure" as they used a lot of man hours breaking them up to go to the dump.

I have used these for a small garden shed, I have torn them apart for the wood to make standup Christmas ornaments for the yard and best of all my local animal rescue loved these for dog houses for the bigger dogs.

Look around and call your local moving and storage or an assembly plant. You to could be rolling in free plywood, too.

By Debra in Colorado

Some places also give away wood pallets.

The ground right by our front door always got Mushy when it rained. I tried heaping in more dirt & mixing the dirt with bits of this & that. No luck,still a puddle.

Then the little lightbulb went off in my brain. Try a Pallet .Spray paint it heavily to add some waterproofing. Yup. Every 5 or 6 years it does rot & needs to be replaced so I'm always on the look out for replacements.

We did make one mistake. We wanted to make a porch for a dog house .So we wanted to cut a pallet in 2. But this meant prying a board off the middle of the back. Mom's hand slipped & she asked why I was crying all over the wood.I said :"My nose is broken again." Oh well,it wasn't the first or last time that happened.

I iced it & I used the crow bar when I came back out. Be careful with those things!

The porch stayed out there longer than the dog did.

Wood Crate
Uses for Wood Crates
Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherOctober 11, 2004
Milk Crate for Storing Games
Uses for Milk Crates
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
Wine Crate Treasure Boxes
Uses for Wine Crates
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray
🎉
🎄