Uses for Wood Crates

Category Reusing
Wooden boxes can be reused for a variety of organizational and storage needs. This page is about uses for wood crates.

In our area Clementines come in nice little wooden crates. I have a bunch, which I have turned upside down on the computer monitor and the TV. Because they are small, they fit that ridge, so I can use it for storage.

By CHEAPERTHANCHEAP

One of the electronics firms here in town regularly gets rid of wooden crates. I went to the shipping and receiving boss and asked if I could have them. They said "sure" as they used a lot of man hours breaking them up to go to the dump.

I have used these for a small garden shed, I have torn them apart for the wood to make standup Christmas ornaments for the yard and best of all my local animal rescue loved these for dog houses for the bigger dogs.

Look around and call your local moving and storage or an assembly plant. You to could be rolling in free plywood, too.

By Debra in Colorado

A new or recycled little wooden crate is perfect for storing notes and recipes. Add some buttons and marker details and it is ready to put to use.

This page contains a tip for embellishing a wooden crate as a recipe box.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 8, 2013
📓
🌻
🐛