Embellishing a Wooden Crate as a Recipe Box

Category Containers
A new or recycled little wooden crate is perfect for storing notes and recipes. Add some buttons and marker details and it is ready to put to use. This page contains a tip for embellishing a wooden crate as a recipe box.

I found this little gem in the donation station in our community room. When I am having my coffee I like to make notes of what I ate and what I want to cook soon. This little crate keeps it all in one place.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1

• wooden crate
  • felt tip marker
  • 11 buttons
  • glue gun

1. With a felt tip marker, I tested it for "bleed" factor on the bottom and determined it would work. Then, I made "faux stitches" on the front and sides.
  2. With some buttons to make it uniquely country, I filled it with a veggie can, some pens and scissors and a note pad with my food diary and some recipes to try.
    Now this cost me nothing, but that isn't the case for most of you reading this. The good thing is if you have to buy supplies, you will have them for other things.

This could also be used for a mail center or craft patterns.
    NJOY!

Neat!

Thanks. I love taking something plain and making it cute.