My Frugal Life: Saving Money is Easy

Saving money is easy! Try some of these tips and you'll see how much difference it makes to the budget. I only shop now once a month and we go without nothing. My Frugal Life

• Turn your appliances off at the wall, you can save $200 dollars a year.

• If you haven't worn a garment for 6 months, swap it then you have a new piece of clothing for nothing, especially kids clothes. I get together with friends and swap. We all save money and have a good day out as well.

• The old fashioned style of cooking is the best. There is nothing like leftovers.

• Here's a good trick to get grease, oil, tar off white clothes. Slightly wet the article, rub white sugar into the stain and it will come out. Try it and see.

• We always feed all our scraps cooked in with oatmeal to the dogs and they are healthy and happy.

• We trade services with each other like baby sitting, lawn mowing, hair cuts, etc. Get a group going. Do it, no matter what you can do, someone else may need it too and trade for something you need.

Donna from Brisbane

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

Woman Holding Handful of Coupons with Thumbs Up
Tricks for Saving Money
Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeMay 29, 2009
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning