Suggestions For Easy Window Treaments

I have a window in desperate need of window treatments. Can anyone suggest something easy to do that 2 rambunctious boys won't tear down? Both windows are aproxx. 6' x 4'.
Thanks!

Kathy from Parker, CO

Suggestions For Easy Window Treaments

Anonymous

YOU COULD USE PRETTY TEA TOWELS OR TABLE NAPKINS. YOU CAN BE AS CREATIVE WITH THESE AS YOU WANT TO; I HAVE USED 3 OR FOUR TABLE NAPKINS, DRAPED THEM IN TRIANGLE SHAPES OR JUST FOLDED OVER THE ROD; YOU COULD EMBELLISH THE NAPKINS ON THE CORNERS WITH SMALL TASSELS.

THE TEA TOWELS COULD BE USED OR YOU COULD GO TO THRIFT STORES OR ANTIQUE STORES AND FIND SOME NICE TEA TOWELS TO USE; TEA TOWELS CAN BE PLAIN OR THEY CAN HAVE ELABORATE EMBROIDERY ON THEM.

COTTON DISH TOWELS THAT ARE PURCHASED FROM A LINEN STORE CAN ALSO BE USED AS WINDOW TREATMENTS.

I have two grandsons who are ADD/ADHD, they are ages 5 & 7. They can tear up an anvil. The solution that we came up with was window film. It works like contact paper, peal and stick over a clean wet window, press out the bubbles and Wow pretty windows and nothing to rip off the wall. The kind we got we got at Lowes it was a cloud pattern. They have stained glass look, all different kind.

But if you want to really make them wonder how you did it, fixit with the kind of film you use to put on your windows of your cars. Get the darkest tint, put it on while they are away from the house, when they come home they will be able to see out but no one can see in, kids are amazed.

With either treatment if you want a decoration for the room put a wood shelf over the window for toys, trains or cars and hang airplanes underneath to appear to be flying in the top half of the window. Have fun the boys will to.

I concur with the person that wrote about the film on the windows only i would put it on when the kids are not home so they don't know they can peal it off.. Lowe's does have some really nice patterns.

I have used contact paper the frosted look one.

I found a shower curtain cover at a yard sale for .50 cents. It came with these cute little flower hangers. I shortened the length and hung it on a rod. It slides easy and is durable. I put it on a tension rod, so if they pull it down, it's easy to put back up and virtually indestructible. If they would damage it, I have .50 in it! I often see these on clearance at dept. stores for $5 or less. One curtain cut in half would probably cover both of those windows.