How to Remove Decals from a Window

Category Windows
Removing a sticker from a window can be made easy by using a hairdryer or a razor blade. This guide offers tips on how to remove decals from a window.

How do I get a decal off of my kitchen's upper window above my sink? It's been on it around ten years or longer? Does spraying vinegar on it work?

Best Answer

Try my homemade Goo Gone :)

Best Answer

Heat it with a blow dryer and peel it off

Best Answer

If the first mentioned ideas do not work, I would use a razor blade to scrape it off. I use these on window decals regularly with good success. A razor blade will also scrape other gunk off. If you use it at an angle like then it should come clean without scratching your window... Then wash and wipe clean as you would normally.

Best Answer

Goo Gone (bought or home made) will work but application on a window can be tricky.

Maybe take a small piece of cloth. fold and wet with Goo Gone.
Use the cloth to wet the decal and then lay the saturated cloth in a saucer and repeat wetting the decal until it softens so you can remove it. It may still need a little scraping.

You can use a razor blade but since it has been there for 10 years, you may still need some Goo Gone to remove the residue.
Remove any residue with vinegar and then clean your window.