WindowsCleaning

Removing Decals from a Kitchen Window

How do I get a decal off of my kitchen's upper window above my sink? It's been on it around ten years or longer? Does spraying vinegar on it work?

Best Answer

Heat it with a blow dryer and peel it off

Best Answer

You know, I would have never thought of that in a million years, thank you for your suggestion! Have a great year ahead of us all.

Try "Goo Gone" it removes stickers/grease/gum/tar/crayon/tape and any thing that is sticky. I have used it for years with much success. Follow the directions on the bottle.

Try my homemade Goo Gone :)

https://www.thr  -Goo-Gone-2.html

If the first mentioned ideas do not work, I would use a razor blade to scrape it off. I use these on window decals regularly with good success.

A razor blade will also scrape other gunk off. If you use it at an angle like then it should come clean without scratching your window... Then wash and wipe clean as you would normally.

Yes vinagar should work-if the spray doesn't I suggest soaking a towell in it and holding towell against decal.

Goo Gone (bought or home made) will work but application on a window can be tricky.
Maybe take a small piece of cloth. fold and wet with Goo Gone.
Use the cloth to wet the decal and then lay the saturated cloth in a saucer and repeat wetting the decal until it softens so you can remove it.

It may still need a little scraping.

You can use a razor blade but since it has been there for 10 years, you may still need some Goo Gone to remove the residue.
Remove any residue with vinegar and then clean your window.