Scenery: Abandoned House

Jack Frost's feeble attempt to give this old building new life!

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Abandoned House

That may be an old house but it's beautiful.

Full of dreams and memories. Lovely house.

Marg from England.

Makes you wonder what stories this house could tell if the walls could talk, doesn't it? I wonder how many families the house housed? I think Jack Frost did a good job with the house.

What a great old house and what a great photo!

I have always wished that old places like this could tell their stories; how I would love to hear them.

My grandmother raised me and even as a child her stories fascinated me. I would beg her to tell me about the "olden days" and she would always take the time to humor me after she was through with whatever thing she was busy doing at the time.

Thank you for the lovely picture. I am glad you got the picture before the house was destroyed.

I have always been drawn to abandoned houses. I guess like everyone has said, it is the history in those old walls. I'll bet life was not easy for the people who lived here. It looks rural so they must have worked hard to make a living. IT doesn't mean they weren't happy though. The happiest times in my 67 years have not been when we had money but rather when we were barely able to make it. It brings out your character to make do, like today when so many are having to do just that. Nice photo.

Love the picture, I guess its the mystery. Love to explore and research to get a history of an abandoned place.

Thanks for sharing, Audrie

On the prairie, bone of people's lives.

I love that old house, it has character, you know actual people lived in that house at some time or other, i like to imagine what the people were like that lived in there, hoping that it was a happy house.

Wonderful picture.

Awesome, I do this too!

January 25, 2010 Flag

Abandoned House
This is picture I took of a house before it was torn down to make way for a new highway in the area. Never knew it was even there until all the tree around it had been cut down. It looked sad. I photoshopped it just a little to add the shadow around the edges. It was a sunny day but it looked black as ink in the windows!

By Kandi from North Augusta, South Carolina

Scenery: Abandoned House

I think it's a neat and beautiful picture. You can cut it down and make cards for Halloween.

Zig (10/07/2008)

By Ziggee

Scenery: Abandoned House

I liked it, too bad you didn't know it was there before. I got to explore 3 abandoned places; 2 house and a 1 room school house. I always think about all the people that must have lived there at one time. Zig's idea about making a card is good (10/07/2008)

By Liz

Scenery: Abandoned House

Love the picture too, I can't resist abandoned places, an air of mystery I guess. (10/08/2008)

By audrie12

Scenery: Abandoned House

This is a wonderful photo! I think the beauty of it is that the life of this house was memorialized with a final shot before she was torn down!

I think it would be interesting to find out who had owned the house over the years since she had been built and, if you can find even one, share this photo with them. I know I would appreciate a photo like this were it of my childhood or grandparents home. (10/11/2008)

By Deeli

Scenery: Abandoned House

Ooh, looks a little spooky, and I like spooky! You could make Halloween cards out of that! (10/13/2008)

By wdyjsu

Scenery: Abandoned House

Great pic. I love abandoned houses. I always wonder who had lived there, why it was abandoned. Just imagine, at some point, that house was someone's dream home. =) (11/07/2008)

By Sasha

Photo of an old, abandoned house.
Abandoned Building Photos
Photos SceneryJanuary 25, 2010
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Colorado Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Jamaica Beach
Jamaica Travel Tips - Frugal Travel Guide