Making Simple, Quick Twine Plant Hangers

I need to make some quick, simple twine plant hangars. I don't have time to learn macrame at this point, but looking for plant hanger ideas using twine. I have a lot of houseplants that I want to sell at the neighborhood yard sale and would like to display the hanging plants. Thanks.

Penny Lou from Tipton, IN

You might be able to crochet a simple chain stitch into a "hoop" just smaller than the top rim of the pot (so the pot wouldn't fall out), and then chain 3-4 additional "arms" to space evenly and knot at the top and hang by. If you don't crochet, you might try the same method and just braid a few strands of twine instead of using the chain stitch. I haven't tried this method myself, but it's the quickest and easiest way I could think of. I don't know how to macrame either!

Hi,just braid your twine like you do hair,use 3 strands to make them thicker use more twine,but still use 3 strands to braid.

If you don't have time for the hanger idea, then set them on a picnic table or other high shelf with the trailing foliage hanging over the edge.

There are some very easy macrame hangers that you could make using only a square knot. Takes no skill at all. Try googling for directions and see what you come up with.

However, if it is the plants you are selling, and not the hangers, I'd go with the shelf idea. Let people make their own hangers. Or maybe you can buy some for next to nothing at someone else's yard sale.

When I'm in a hurry I just use the twine, I cut eight pieces twice the length as I want the hanger. Fold it in half and close to the top about 4 inches down from the fold tie a piece of the cord. This makes the loop to hang it with. Next you will go down about a foot to a foot and a half and simply tie two of the cords together, continue tying two together until you have 4 knots all the the same distance from the top loop.

Now it gets a little harder to explain but go down again about 1 foot and take a cord from two opposite strips that have already been knotted and knot them together, continue around until you have 4 more knots at equal levels. Now at the bottom I tie one large knot with all of the cords together about a foot down from the last knots. Hope this helps.

Hanging planter of petunias.
Homemade Plant Hanger Ideas
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 29, 2008
Sweater Covered Hanger
Making Covered Hangers
mini hangers
DIY Paper Clip Barbie Clothes Hangers
Wire Coat Hanger on White Background
Uses for Wire Hangers
Uses for Clip Hangers
Uses for Clip Hangers
🎄