Fresh Vegetable Bake
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 small zucchini, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or tomato cut up (250 ml)
- 1 cup herb-seasoned croutons (250 ml)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (30 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (375 ml)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 ml)
- 1 tsp basil (5 ml)
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375F. (190C)
- Spray oil in a 1.5 - 2 quart (1.5 - 2 L) casserole or an 8 inch (2 L) square baking pan.
- Put carrots in a microwave dish and microwave until tender crisp.
- Put carrots, zucchini and tomatoes in casserole/baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons.
- Blend cornstarch and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook until thickened (either on the stove or in the microwave).
- Whisk in butter until melted. Add basil, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Substitute other vegetables. Substitute cornflake crumbs for croutons.
About The Author: From http://www.CanadianCountryGifts.com
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
October 1, 20040 found this helpful
I made this a couple nites ago and everyone loved it! It definitely needs lots of seasoning, tho.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 6:24:38 PM on 10.0.0.218 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us