Fresh Vegetable Bake
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 small zucchini, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or tomato cut up (250 ml)
- 1 cup herb-seasoned croutons (250 ml)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (30 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (375 ml)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 ml)
- 1 tsp basil (5 ml)
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375F. (190C)
- Spray oil in a 1.5 - 2 quart (1.5 - 2 L) casserole or an 8 inch (2 L) square baking pan.
- Put carrots in a microwave dish and microwave until tender crisp.
- Put carrots, zucchini and tomatoes in casserole/baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons.
- Blend cornstarch and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook until thickened (either on the stove or in the microwave).
- Whisk in butter until melted. Add basil, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Substitute other vegetables. Substitute cornflake crumbs for croutons.
About The Author: From http://www.CanadianCountryGifts.com
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
October 1, 20040 found this helpful
I made this a couple nites ago and everyone loved it! It definitely needs lots of seasoning, tho.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:29:00 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us