Making Tortilla Chips

How do you make tortillas chips?

By maggymay3

Take flour or corn tortillas and cut them into triangles with either scissors or a pizza cutter. Heat oil in a medium pot, and when very hot, drop tortillas into hot oil...fry until golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or a paper bag. Season with salt/pepper, or seasonings of your choice.

A healthier way to do tortilla chips is to cut them in triangles either corn or flour tortillas and spray them with oil (I use extra virgin olive oil) on both sides and sprinkle them with salt or seasoned salt, and bake @ 350 until toasty brown. Hint: put them on a single layer on cookie sheet on a crinkled aluminum paper or crinkled parchment paper. the reason you crinkle the paper first is so that the tortilla chips are off of a flat surface and they brown on the bottom side at the same time. otherwise, you need to turn each one to brown the bottom. Happy eating (they're great)!

Cut tortillas in half then each half in thirds, put on parchment covered cookie sheet as is - no oil - in pre heated 350F oven for 15 min - no need to turn over, for variety use different tortillas multi-grain, tomato, etc.

L would love all the meals to be sent tome if that's OK from yous l have some of my own meals that you would love it made from squash and other things to very yummy it's go very fast .

Paula Deen says to use 1 inch peanut oil heated to 350 degrees. Then pre-cut tortilla into 6 pieces and fry for 60 seconds or less until lightly browned. Then place on paper toweling to soak up excess oil. They are fantastic!

I use canola oil because it's a very, very heart healthy oil to use when cooking/frying :-) When I make tortilla chips I ditch the salt because there's usually already plenty of (if not loads of) salt in the dip of choice ;-) Even many quacamole recipes include salt in one form or another.

Happy chip making cause they definitley are healthier and tastier than store bought ;-)

Brilliant recipe and taste. I really tastes such a solution and do it often. Theoretically, these chips can fry or bake - I always choose baked, I think they are then tastier and healthier.

Still, I found a different solution with poppy seeds, nuts and other additives and can anyone advise what else can you say to them?

A bowl of tortilla chips
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksMay 5, 2009
shamrock chips
Making Shamrock Tortilla Chips
Corn Chips in Vegan Nachos
Recipes Using Corn Chips
bowl of pita chips
Homemade Pita Chips Recipes
Leftover Tortilla Chips
Using Leftover Tortilla Chips