Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Leather Sandals Squeak When I Walk

I have a pair of leather sandals that squeak when I walk. I have tried rubbing hand cream in, but that didn't work. I think the problem is that I can't get the cream in between the lining and sole as it is stitched all around. It squeaks when I bend the sole up with my hands. Has anybody had this problem and managed to fix it?

Sue from Gosford NSW

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Cyinda [214]03/12/2008

You could try soaking them in warm water for an hour or so, then towel drying, then wearing them around till almost dry... We used to do this in the 60's with handmade imported sandals made in Mexico or India.

By Lori Williams [2]02/20/2008

I have always used baby powder. It provides immediate squeak relief, plus it keeps your feet smelling fresh!

By Syd (Guest Post)02/18/2008

Dust with talcum powder.

When the doctor gave me my orthodics, they squeeked and I was told to dust them with talcum powder. It did the trick!

By KL [3]02/16/2008

Sometimes it just takes wearing them awhile to break them in and get the leather conditioned. Wear them around the house for a bit.

I have heard to use talcum powder for squeaking floor boards. Wonder if you could use that? Being powder it might be easier to get in there easier. Only thing I would worry about is if it would cause the leather to dry out prematurely. I think I would call a cobbler/shoe repair shop and see if they have any tricks to try.