Leather Sandals Squeak When I Walk

By Sue Thompson 1

I have a pair of leather sandals that squeak when I walk. I have tried rubbing hand cream in, but that didn't work. I think the problem is that I can't get the cream in between the lining and sole as it is stitched all around. It squeaks when I bend the sole up with my hands. Has anybody had this problem and managed to fix it?

Sue from Gosford NSW

Showing: Answers Sort

By KL 3 554 Flag

Sometimes it just takes wearing them awhile to break them in and get the leather conditioned. Wear them around the house for a bit.

I have heard to use talcum powder for squeaking floor boards. Wonder if you could use that? Being powder it might be easier to get in there easier. Only thing I would worry about is if it would cause the leather to dry out prematurely. I think I would call a cobbler/shoe repair shop and see if they have any tricks to try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Dust with talcum powder.

When the doctor gave me my orthodics, they squeeked and I was told to dust them with talcum powder. It did the trick!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lori Williams 2 2 Flag

I have always used baby powder. It provides immediate squeak relief, plus it keeps your feet smelling fresh!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cyinda 214 1,287 Flag

You could try soaking them in warm water for an hour or so, then towel drying, then wearing them around till almost dry... We used to do this in the 60's with handmade imported sandals made in Mexico or India.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair ClothingFebruary 14, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:17:04 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings