Fruit of the Spirit Craft Ideas

In the Bible Paul speaks of the attributes of a christian life summed up as the "fruit of the Spirit" This is a guide about fruit of the Spirit craft ideas.

I am 14 and teaching 30 kids about the fruit of the spirit for a summer sunday school program. I have adult helpers, but I need to come up with the lessons, crafts, and stuff like that. I did love, joy, peace, and patience already, but I always have troubles with the craft parts!

If you have any ideas for me... I want to tell you that I am doing kindness and goodness together, and gentleness and selfcontrol together. I have fruit parties planned for the last day! Please help me. Time is running out!

Chie

I am putting together a fruit of the Spirit lesson plan for my after-care group. I am using this theme for an entire school year and I am desperate for ideas. I have the lessons set up, but I am having a difficult time finding suitable crafts for each of the nine fruits/character traits. If you have any ideas, suggestions, etc., they would be much appreciated and I would be so THANKFUL!

-Snowflakes4, Tennessee

well, we are kind of in the same boat! Ha! I will try to help with what I have prepared, but I am not sure if it will be what you need? First of all, as someone has mentioned- the easiest way to come up with ideas is by doing a google search( or similar). I had lots of sites pop up, however I did have to refine my search several times- using a various mix of selected words. ex: " fruits of the spirit free craft ideas", etc.

Most of my ideas are from sites like http://www.daniellesplace.com , http://www.dltk-bible.com , http://www.christiancrafters.com , and a few books I was able to find. An idea for "Faith" that I got from the book "CRafts for Christian Values" by Kathy Ross- Make a mustard Seed necklace/ madallion.You can use mustard seeds(found in grocery stores- spice area). I changed it a bit. I am using laminating sheets rather than wiggly eyes to store the seeds to save time. I f you need the original idea let me know. One idea that was shared was scratch & sniff fruit pictures using kool-aid and water( no sugar!) and paint it on to the picture. I have tons of others but it would take forever. I will list a few and if you are interested, let me know and I will give you the info for the ones you need. :^)

patience packages, baskets of kindness, flags for goodness(simple), the mustard seed necklace, gentle response booklets, coloring pages are found on websites, forgiveness craft, gratitude jar- kindness, mustard seed bookmark idea. A I find more I can let you know. Many of the crafts are NOT original, therefore I will let you know where I found the ideas- otherwise it would not be right to use them. Hopefully I am helping! :)

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice so far!!!! It has helped tremendously!! If anyone else has ideas, I am still gathering for my aftercare group. my August lesson- GENTLENESS is complete, but the rest are still needing a few ideas. Again Thank you!!!!

Snowflakes4

Here's an excellent site: http://msssbibl  ament/fruits.htm

"...MSSS Crafts [is] a directory of children's Sabbath School and Sunday School resources and crafts. Here you will find free crafts and ideas for over one hundred Bible stories as well as other activities for devotions and Bible classes."

I would like to know more about the following ideas that were suggested earlier...patience packages, baskets of kindness, flags for goodness(simple), the mustard seed necklace, gentle response booklets, coloring pages are found on websites, forgiveness craft, gratitude jar- kindness, mustard seed bookmark idea. A I find more I can let you know. Please let me know where these ideas are from because I want to use them and I am on MAJOR TIME CONSTRAINTS!!! Thank you and God Bless you! K

I am interested in the instructions for patience packages. Our lesson for children's church this week is patience. Thanks!

Could someone please help me on the mustard seed necklace. I would like to learn how to make that for my class Thaks ~Jessica

There is a song you may already know of

"The Fruit of the Spirit" by Crazy Praiz

Mustard Seed Necklace (Matthew 17:20)

Supplies needed:

Large size wiggly eye

small piece of construction paper

mustard seed (found in grocery stores)

thin cord or ribbon

white glue

scissors

Have an adult remove the back of a plastic wiggly eye so that you can use the clear plastic front. Trace around the eye on the construction paper and cut the tiny circle out. Put glue around the edge of the circle. Carefully set the mustard seed in the middle of the circle. Glue on the clear plastic from the wiggle eye over the circle. Let the glue dry. Cut a 2 foot length of gold cord. Glue the two ends of the cord to the back of the circle to make a hanger.

--Christian Crafts--

We made a large tree and put velcro on large pieces of fruit we laminated so we can use it every week. We are working with four and five year olds, so we continue the lesson every week. Repeating some things over and over and then adding new things to keep their interest. When we work on one of the fruits we write the fruit (love) in large print on paper and tape it up. Then I made two each of the alphabet laminated them got two baskets and the kids make two teams (we have up to 16 a week) and do a rely race to the basket to get the first letter (l) then run back the next one gets the o etc. do a different fruit.

We are also learning the Song "Fruit of the Spirit Cadence". They love it (google to find it). We sent copies home for their parents to help them, since many of them don't know them. It helps when they understand what the kids are doing and hopefully want to get involved' enjoy...we are also doing the Armor of God and were able to find the armor at Life Way.

We also bought an armor game and had everything enlarged and laminated. We velcroed them also so we go back and forth. I give out certificates when they learn either one or a song. God Bless all of you who teach Sunday School.