Making Spirit Gloves
Show your team spirit and keep your hands warm at the same time. This is a page about making spirit gloves
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Are you looking for a way to show your team spirit? Spirit gloves are the perfect way to cheer on your favorite team!
- yarn (in your team's colors)
- knit gloves
- tapestry needle
NOTE: You might find it easier to make the pom poms with another person.
- Cut 10 (5 inch) lengths of yarn. Set aside.
- Place a 5 inch piece of yarn between your fingers, up towards your palm. Then begin wrapping yarn around two of your fingers 25 times.
- Now pull the 5 inch piece of yarn down towards the wrapped yarn and tie it tightly with a square knot. Then slip your fingers out of the yarn.
- Use scissors to cut through all of the loops of yarn.
- Then use the scissors to cut any long pieces, making the pom poms more round. Be sure to leave the two long pieces of yarn that you used to tie the pom pom.
- Using a tapestry needle, gently pull the yarn through the tip of the glove. Now tie the two ends together with a square knot. Trim off any excess yarn.
- Repeat at the end of each finger. Now go out and show your team spirit!
Spirit gloves are the perfect way to cheer on your favorite team! These fun gloves are simple to make, learn how in this short video.