FleasPest Control

Using Chinaberry Leaves to Repel Fleas

Category Fleas

Can you use Chinaberry leaves in your house for fleas with a house cat? Will it kill the cat to eat them?

By Lydia

I don't know about the chinaberry question, but I usually go to the vet and get the advantage. I am going to try the clear bowl of water, with a white glow stick over it to attract fleas....the water has to have one drop of soap in it and be set out at night. I am going to see if this really works. I am thinking a lamp would get knocked in to the bowl...I have read all about this on Earthclinic.com. Make sure and vacuum all the time and sprinkle salt on the carpet or baking soda. Either way, vacuum it up after it has set for a while. I also put salt, under the sheets on the bed, every summer and on and under seat cushions. It really works for us. I am not saying it will work on everyone else. For really small kittens, I use a mixture of peroxide and baby shampoo to get them uninfested. This is for kittens who need to be talked to while bathing, because they feel the temp of water more than other animals and they get worried when bathing.

Hope this helps!

I personally have used Chinaberry limbs in my home to repel fleas and it works. After a few weeks they are gone. I put the small branches under my furniture where my cats can't get to them as they are poisonous. I do not know why it works to repel them but it does.

it does work, ive seen it...as a child i grew up on a large ranch in central florida, my parents broke the limbs..branches off china berry trees an threw them in closets an under the house. to chase away inscets an snakes..

Not sure if it will harm your cat but I had a problem with fleas in my home. Took the branches from the Chinaberry tree laid them all around the inside of my home and stepped on the branches to release the smell. Do not remove the leaves. All signs of fleas were gone the following day.