Browsing: Setting Rates for Cleaning Services

Rates for Cleaning Services

I am trying to determine how much to charge for cleaning after a move out. I think there are 2 people. The house is 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. What do you think? How much would you charge?

By Jackie from Reading, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

A move out cleaning takes twice as long as a regular cleaning. That would be 8 to 10 hours. In the PNW the going rate is $20 hourly in the suburbs and $25 to $30 hourly in the city. I give an approximate bid and then adjust for "surprises" when the job is finished.

September 23, 2012 Flag

I live in the southeast and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on what to charge for a move out cleaning for a rental house. I know it depends on the size of the house. It will include a very thorough cleaning, drawers, cabinets, windows, plus appliances. Do most people charge by the hour, square foot, etc? Thank you.

By Marie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I charge by the square foot. I believe that .14 cents per square foot is fair to both parties. You get $280. For 2000 sq ft. And theres no worries about supplies, gas, etc.

October 23, 2010 Flag

I'm interested in starting a cleaning service that focuses primarily on new construction homes. I want to charge by the house, but I have no idea on how much to charge. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Linda from Omaha, NE

Answers:

Rates for Cleaning Services

http://www.ehow.com/

Use the search box at top of website. (06/03/2010)

By MCW

Rates for Cleaning Services

I used to own a construction company with my ex. The prices about 10 years ago were somewhere around $25/hr. Of course just starting out you would need to find out the shortcuts for cleaning tar and paint, etc. from carpets, vinyl and hardwood safely; also you would need to find out the best and fastest way to clean windows without streaking. You also need to know what each construction company expects. They all want different things. It's hard work, but pays well. Good luck:) (06/04/2010)

By yoder178

June 3, 2010 Flag

How do you figure out the flat rate to charge by the cleaning job (not hourly)? Thank you for any information.

By Baha from Great Falls, MT

Answers:

Rates for Cleaning Services

I had a very successful business for several years. I charged by the hour or by the job. After awhile it all got very simple. I charged $30 an hour (I'm in the big city). I found that almost all houses took between 4 and 5 hours. It didn't matter what size they were, smaller houses are more cluttered and dirtier, so they take as long as a big house. So I would tell people what the charge would be for....say...4.5 hours, or $135.

And I would also tell them I could give them a firm figure after I cleaned the house 3 times. People seemed OK with that. I also told them that the 1st cleaning could take as much as twice that unless the house had been thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis (ie twice a month). I had a few that took 3 times as long. I considered these "rescue" situations. People knew the situation, and I never had a complaint. Good luck! (04/16/2010)

By Lizzyanny

April 15, 2010 Flag

I want to start my own empty rental unit cleaning service in West Palm Beach, FL. I don't know how much to charge for an apartment or a house. Can anyone help me decide? Do I charge by the job or the hour? What are the going rates for each approach?

By Elizabeth from West Palm Beach, FL

Answers:

Rates for Cleaning Services

Cleaning the whole apartment-$25

Cleaning the whole house-$40 (12/08/2009)

By sunshine64

Rates for Cleaning Services

Why not call a few cleaning services to see what they charge? This way you will have a better idea what to charge. Also maybe you could work for one for a brief time. This way you would learn the tricks of the trade. Best of luck to you. (12/11/2009)

By Amandablue

Rates for Cleaning Services

Hello, my daughter is trying to do this also and was told to charge 15.00 an hour and get a list of priority things the owner wanted and go from there. She is posting posters, but calls are slow. Have you found a way to drum up business?
We are in Ocala, Fl (12/11/2009)

By cybergrannie

Rates for Cleaning Services

Hi, I do this on a regular basis here in MS. For an empty apartment I get from $85 to $100. For a 3 bedroom house it is a little more. I do not give my hourly rates out, but I know about how long it is going to take me to clean it and multiply that by $30 per hour. The more you clean, the more efficient you get at it. It will come naturally after a while as you learn the shortcuts that you can do, and is still a job to be proud of when you are through. I love my job. Good luck.

Kathy (12/13/2009)

By msfixit17

December 8, 2009 Flag

I want to start a housecleaning service and have no idea what to charge. Is it better to charge by the job or by the hour?

A professional cleaner with his cleaning supplies.
Setting Rates for Cleaning Services
Business and Legal BusinessOctober 23, 2010
weighing postage
Finding Postage Rates Online
A family at an animal shelter.
Services Offered at Animal Shelters
bartering hand shake
Bartering for Goods and Services
Someone mopping a floor.
How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 14, 2016 at 1:34:47 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.