Weeds in My Lawn

In the front of my home I have grass together with my neighbor, they never clean weeds on their half of the grass, and the wind blows the weeds seeds on my part of the grass. I have had the problem for four years, I am tired of cleaning weeds, please help me. What should I do? My neighbor does not care about the weeds; their part is completely covered with weeds.

Hardiness Zone: 4b

By Krystyna

Just mow their strip of lawn while you're mowing yours. It's easier than pulling weeds later. I had to do this with one of my neighbors because of her weeds also. it only took me a few minutes, and it looked 100% better.

I do the mowing thing too and then I get the comment from the neighbor, "Was that a hint?" I say I had to do a turn around strip and that was where I started. It is interesting when you can live on the same property 25 yrs, have 4 neighbors in that time. The latest do not trim their trees hanging over my property/gardens, do their weeds, pile their weeds and dirt when they do against my fence in the back as if it were a compost, and now challenge the fence line established for us when we bought the place. The then next door neighbors established the line for us when they moved so they had a legal line. We are not anal about our yard but we are gardeners, mow weekly, have a handy dandy clothes line (must be 60 years old) established along the fence line too. When I take care of the weeds in their yard along my gardens they get touchy. They don't see them around an out building so why should they care if I take care of them! Except for this neighbor, we are neighbors who take care of each other, share flowers, garden produce, visit over fences and on stoops, swing on the porch swings, kids play in the yards and do chalk on the sidewalks. The June Cleaver type of neighborhood.

Krystyna,

I think the best you can do is apply a pre emergent to stop those seeds from germinating. Follow label directions and if you have any questions be sure to contact an ag agent with your county cooperative extension service.

Good luck.