Burnt Tomato Soup

How do I get burnt tomato soup out of a metal pan? I was making grilled cheese and tomato soup the other day and seemed to let it sit to long. I now can't seem to get the burnt soup off the bottom of my pan. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Automatic dishwasher detergent in water will dissolve just about all cooked on food. Just let sit for a while.

Best Answer

Barkeepers Friend....looks like white comet. It cleans everything. Sprinkle it on a wet pan and let sit a few minutes. Shines everything like new.

Best Answer

Fill the pot with hot water and place a new fabric softener dryer sheet in it. Let it set overnight. This has worked before for me on baked/burned on food.

Simmer water w/ a little squirt of dish det. added in the pot - 15-20 min (might need longer). It should loosen up enough to scrub. If not, try oven cleaner overnite (if your pot can handle it).

Just bring a can of cola to a boil for a few minutes. Let it cool and then scrub. Works great!!!

Oven cleaner as suggested unless it's a alum. pot/pan, oven cleaner will eat into it and leave a discolored area that will have a strong metallic taste that will be transferred to food.

I just did the same thing a couple weeks ago! I put some water in the bottom of the pan and reheared it. Then, with rubber gloves to I could stand the hot water, I used a scrub sponge (like 3M or something like it) and scrubbed it. It took some elbow grease, but it did come off - thankfully, as mine was from a brand new set of KitchenAid cookware that we just splurged on a month ago.

Boiling an ample amount of cream of tartar (in spice section of supermarket) in water in the pot is an old home remedy for burned food in pans. Also totally non-toxic.

Boil water and add a teaspoon of cream of tartar in the pot, it should boil right out.

Burnt Pans
Cleaning Burnt Pots and Pans
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 26, 2008
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
A bowl of tomato soup with crackers.
Tomato Soup Recipes
Cream of Tomato Soup Recipes
🎄