Use Curtains to Wrap Pillows for Bolster

I have been redecorating my bedroom and found many items at yard sales, trash day, etc. I have a "new" hand made quilt for my bed that was given to me, and I needed something to accent it. Since I live on a fixed income, my brain went into gear. I had found some curtains, near a dumpster that I had brought home and washed, and I had put aside for whatever use I needed them for. I took one of the long curtain panels and wrapped 2 bed pillows in it lengthwise. I twisted it tight on each end and tied them with the same color ribbon. Voila! A bolster for my bed and it didn't really cost anything.

Source: This was my own idea.

By Barbara from VA

I love your idea. I am going to try it also!

Great idea. One persons' trash is another person's treasure! If you have an old blanket you don't need this is a cool idea too.

Take the blanket and fold it in to the center (right side and left side) that way the edges are all even. Begin rolling it from the bottom and then fold over the top a bit so the exposed edge is pretty. Then simply tie them with ripped rags or ribbons and you have a bolster and a blanket for company.

If the blanket is old and ugly, cover it like you did and it's still pretty and functional!

Rustic looking bookcase.
Frugal Decorating Ideas
Crafts Home DecorDecember 9, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains