Woven Place Mats as Wall Art

I always find really nice place mats at local thrift stores. I like ones made from straw, seagrass, and other materials like that. I really like the ones that are loosely woven so you can see through them. I have some round ones in a natural shade hanging vertically on my mocha brown living room walls.

They look great! Velcro works well for mounting them against the wall. I also have round, black ones hanging horizontally in my dining room, side-by-side, touching each other. Looks really good with my black furniture. They cost 75 cents each for a total of $3.75 and make quite a statement!

By Sharon from Silver Spring, MD

What a great idea! I'm a long-time frugalista and there aren't too many tips I haven't seen before. But this is a new one. Even if you buy the mats new you could make a wall decoration for a fraction of what you might spend otherwise. And they also could easily be changed by the season, or made into a holiday decoration.

Wonderful idea! One of my favorite pieces of art is a framed calendar pic of a farm scene with a barn. It's from a calendar from the early 1960s.

I have moved it from state to state several times and wouldn't take a fortune for it. We just proved you don't need a lot of money to have an attractive dwelling.

Yes, I have done this for years cause it is inexpensive. I would frame them for the art on them. My kids used to laught at me for doing this but I always got great complements from guests.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Budget DecoratingAugust 23, 2010
🌻
🐛
📓