Dog Scratching, Food Allergy?

My dog has been itching and scratching ever since she was given some chicken liver and hearts. She has had these before, but never itched liked this. Could this be the cause?

By kerryh from Owosso, MI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes! I have been doing research on this same type of thing and I found a lovely woman to help me at place called Paws something or other. She is here in Venice FL She has a little store and what she does is talk to you and find out what is going on with the dog and she advises you in what to do.

She reiterated some of the things I had found out already like. Many dogs are allergic to the dry food we feed them as they are loaded with grains and fillers. Even the expensive kinds. So we are going to switch our dog to "Taste of the Wild" Venison and Bison meat product.

We are also adding a tablespoon of pumpkin and plain yogurt to his food to see if this helps to stabilize his allergies. He has such red skin the poor guy and we have to give him benedryl so he can get some comfort. It is crazy.

We are dealing with food and air born allergens. For the air born we are giving him a teaspoon of local harvested wild honey. Once a day. We actually just did that for the first time today. I will be happy to give you her name and number she is in on Tuesday through Sat from 10 am to 6 pm.

Cheryl at Pawprint Essentials

Venice FL 941 497 6161

She maybe able to hook you up with someone in your area. Good luck and here is to a happy dog!

Dog standing by food dish.
Does My Dog Have Food Allergies?
Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 13, 2009
Cat Scratching Sisal Post
Repairing a Sisal Wrapped Cat Scratching Post
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Dog Eating Food From Bowl
Determining Pet's Food Allergy by Elimination Diet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 7:13:05 PM on 10.0.0.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.