Refilling Laundry Detergent Dispensers

I buy the economy size jugs of laundry detergent to refill a button-spout type jug for ease of dispensing the soap. I've found that pouring the soap from the regular type jug into the one that has the button spout is messy and quite a bit of detergent remains in the jug because of the configuration of the spout. I now use a funnel to catch the drips from the air hole in the spout and then when it's "empty", I remove the spout (which is simply an insert in the mouth of the jug) with a pair of pliers and the rest of the soap can be poured out, sometimes as much as a half cupful.

By Marinewife5 from Virginia

I SET A PIECE OF CLOTHING UNDER THE BOTTLE AND AS I POUR IF IT DRIPS IT GETS ONTO THE CLOTHES I WANT TO WASH ANYWAY.AND AS FOR THE LEFTOVER SOAP IN THE BOTTLE I ADD A LITTLE WATER TO IT PUT THE CAP ON GIVE IT A SHAKE AND POUR INTO THE WASH

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 7, 2007
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 12:18:31 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 898 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.