Removing Wax From Carpet

How do I get wax out of my carpet?

By Sparky10 from USA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When my lovely children got candle wax on my new carpet, I put an old clean towel down on the spot, heated up the iron and then ironed over the towel, moving it several times until all the wax was gone! Voila!

February 22, 2010 Flag

If you ever have a candle that melts and gets on your carpet, this is a tip on how to remove the wax from your carpet. First, try to blot off as much as you can.

Next, place paper towel over the wax and with a warm iron, iron over the paper towel. Use a clean paper towel to blot up the warm wax. Keep using a clean paper towel and the iron until all the wax is blotted up.

It really works. I have used this method myself.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 22, 2010
Melted Candle Wax
Removing Candle Wax from Carpet
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:17:47 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.