Coconut Salad (BJ's Salad)

Quick and delicious.

• 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
  • Ad
  • 1 cup coconut

Soak marshmallows in sour cream for 5 minutes.

Add other ingredients.

Our son found this recipe in a magazine, remembered it he thought it sounded so good. He brought it home from school when he was 8 years old, and we still make it today. He is now 40! We call it BJ's Salad.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

This is the exact recipe that my mom used to make when I was growing up in the 1950's and '60's! She used to double or triple it for get-togethers and she called it "24 Hr. Salad" because it's better if it sits overnight. I use it to this day for picnics, etc. and get requests for it from some of my relatives. It is so good and now I'm hungry for it! Thanks for the memory!

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads FruitFebruary 5, 2010
Coconut Oil
Buying Coconut Oil
Fresh coconuts.
Using Fresh Coconut
Toasted coconut made in the microwave.
Toasting Coconut
Cooking With Coconut Oil