Buying Coconut Oil

Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can be purchased from local and on-line sources. This is a guide about buying coconut oil.

Where can I purchase coconut oil?

By Linda

Best Answer

I buy mine at WalMart or Kroger. It is in the section with the other oils.

Best Answer

Asian markets. There are oils for topical use, then the cooking one. I've had two kinds for cooking, with/without coconut taste. I prefer the "without". It's cheapest at the Asian markets which we have in abundance in my region. Safeway does not carry it; they said to fill out a request form with the name of the supplier/brand.

Best Answer

Coconut oil is one of the most amazing oils you could ever buy! Where to purchase? Well...it depends on the "purpose" for which you intend to use it. Coconut oil is a healthy oil in so many ways. To begin with, if your intent is to use it for cooking, then you can pretty much find it in any large grocery store in the oil/baking section. It will be in a plastic or glass container and will be white or off-white in color in a solid (not liquid) form.

If however, it is exposed to higher environmental temperatures, it will melt and remain liquid until cooled to a lower temperature. You can certainly find it at a food store in an area that has a large Caribbean or Pacific Island population, as coconut oil is one of their mainstays.

Coconut oil for cooking "may" sometimes (and maybe more often than not) have added oils that "stretch" the coconut oil, so be sure to read the label if your are looking for "pure" coconut.

If you are looking for coconut oil for your health, I would recommend a health food store, a health conscious grocery store, or an online store such as Amazon. Be careful about buying the oil in plastic if it is going to be shipped, because there are dangerous toxins in the plastic containers. IF the oil melts and the plastic becomes hot, you will be exposed to those dangerous and unwanted toxins.

You can use the "pure" coconut oil for your hair if you are prone to dry hair. Simply apply and leave it in. If you have normal hair and want to maintain good hair health, apply coconut oil and use it as a pre-wash conditioner. It is an excellent moisturizer for your skin as well. (Case and point...look at the skin and hair of any Pacific Islander.)

For internal health, you cannot beat it. Coconut oil kills bacteria, viruses, and parasites that we don't even know we have! Eat a spoonful of this wonder oil a couple or few times daily and you will immediately begin to feel its amazing effects.

Now here is another biggie...coconut oil helps you to lose weight! Really...no kidding. It is unlike other oils and has what is know as "medium chain" fats, unlike your regular oils.

I have researched and used coconut oil for years! I am not exaggerating. I went through a very major health ordeal a few years back. Had it not been for the amazing benefits of coconut oil, I would probably not be giving you this information today.

There are several books on the market that will tell you all about coconut oil. Most of what I have told you is from trial, error and out of extreme desperation. This wonder oil has put me back on a great and healthy track.

I know you didn't ask for all of this, but I saw the opportunity and could not keep this to myself. Good luck with your coconut oil!

It can be found at any grocery store. Probably in the baking isle.