ReusingGreen Living

Reusing Nestle Nesquick Containers

Does anyone have any ideas for recycling Nestle Nesquick Strawberry Mix containers. I use a lot of the the 21.8 ounce size and it is very difficult to throw them away. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Diane

By Socastee707 from Myrtle Beach, SC

Plant a flower or some herbs in it. How about a crayon container? You can pour cool down grease inside. You can refrigerate it with the cap on. How about bits of bar soap and when it gets 3/4 full, add water to make hand soap or soap tough stains on clothes & even better if you put a bit of borax soap in it. Use as a dog food scoop. Use as a food storage container for lunch. Hope this helps ;)

Am I the only one who is sick to death of such containers. With the best will in the world there are only so many ways you can re-use them. I hate throwing things away. My cupboards are full of assorted containers full of assorted things. Why, oh why can't we get refills! Marg from England

I made a purse for my little girl out of one. Using an awl poke two holes in the lid and two in the container, thread a heavy ribbon through these holes. This is to attah the lid. On the side of the container, poke two holes, attach a heavy longer ribbon for a handle.

If all else fails put them on freecycle.org, maybe a school teacher or day care would have a craft project for them. I saw someone on freecycle requesting empty oatmeal containers for a project, so you never know.

I'm not familiar with the container you're asking about but can it be recycled? If it's plastic, look on the bottom and you're see a number. 1, 2, 4 and 7 can be taken to most recycling centers.

I made 1 into a bank for spare change.

I put basic first aid items in one of the large Nestle Quik containers to keep in my car.

I'm planing to use it for storage of all my electronic cords while traveling... I'm researching ways to remove the label, but it seems that the label is thermally attached/imprinted on the plastic, and I've seen that all I can do is paint over the label.