Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Reusing Nestle Nesquick Containers

Does anyone have any ideas for recycling Nestle Nesquick Strawberry Mix containers. I use a lot of the the 21.8 ounce size and it is very difficult to throw them away. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Diane

By Socastee707 from Myrtle Beach, SC

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Gwen Pitchford02/25/2011

I put basic first aid items in one of the large Nestle Quik containers to keep in my car.

By Keeper [57]07/31/2010

I made 1 into a bank for spare change.

By Barbara Huggins [8]06/06/2009

I'm not familiar with the container you're asking about but can it be recycled? If it's plastic, look on the bottom and you're see a number. 1, 2, 4 and 7 can be taken to most recycling centers.

By merlene smith [4]06/06/2009

If all else fails put them on freecycle.org, maybe a school teacher or day care would have a craft project for them. I saw someone on freecycle requesting empty oatmeal containers for a project, so you never know.

By Colleen Stuchal [4]06/06/2009

I made a purse for my little girl out of one. Using an awl poke two holes in the lid and two in the container, thread a heavy ribbon through these holes. This is to attah the lid. On the side of the container, poke two holes, attach a heavy longer ribbon for a handle.

By Marg [16]06/06/2009

Am I the only one who is sick to death of such containers. With the best will in the world there are only so many ways you can re-use them. I hate throwing things away. My cupboards are full of assorted containers full of assorted things. Why, oh why can't we get refills! Marg from England

By Jan06/05/2009

Plant a flower or some herbs in it. How about a crayon container? You can pour cool down grease inside. You can refrigerate it with the cap on. How about bits of bar soap and when it gets 3/4 full, add water to make hand soap or soap tough stains on clothes & even better if you put a bit of borax soap in it. Use as a dog food scoop. Use as a food storage container for lunch. Hope this helps ;)