Shell Mirror

contest winner icon

I made this beautiful bathroom mirror with shells I collected from a beach in Florida and a mirror that I picked up in a dollar store. I used a glue gun to attach the shells. It was so easy and came out so pretty.

First, I bleached the shells and let them dry in the sun. I purchased an 8x10 inch mirror at a dollar store and proceeded to hot glue the shells onto the frame. It was already brown in color and 1 in. wide. It was perfect for a base. I tried to create a pattern with the shells. As you can see, I am delighted with the finished product and it cost me the expense of the glue sticks and the $1 frame!

By Mary Lou from Flanders, NJ

What a great idea. I have sea glass that my Mom, my brothers and I picked up on Capistrano Beach when we were kids. And shells my mother-in-law found on a beach in Florida. I have always wanted a way to display them and this is perfect. It will remind me of those people and happy times whenever I use the mirror.

Lovely! I have lots of shells I collected on the shore of Long Island Sound & couldn't come up with an idea to use them. I might try this project. Thanks

You did a Great job! It looks truly fantastic; no beach here to collect shells,but they are available from the two dollar shop. I have a mirror, a glue gun; now to get some shells.

Your mirror is really pretty. I have made these mirrors also, in fact I've done a lot of crafts with shells. Whenever anyone goes to the beach they bring me a bag full of shells, etc. They can also be glazed so that they're shiny, and also a touch of diamond dust looks good on them. Thanks for sharing your project. Good job.

Since the mirrors are small (8x10) and low-cost, I would suggest making multiple ones and hanging them in a grid pattern for a more contemporary look. Nice work!

Decorating a Mirror
Decorating a Mirror
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsApril 29, 2009
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
shell mirrors
Making a Seashell Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror