Yellow Leaves on a Pepper Plant

Why can't I seem to get my pepper plants to grow? They have yellow-spotted leaves? They are in a flower pot (cement-breathable).

By Catherine from Port St Lucie, FL

People are so fooled by breathable pots. The clay pots kill almost every thing they touch. Even though the guy from the flowershop swears by them. Even my aloe had to go to plastic. And it thrived like majic after the transplant.

Remove the dead leaves.

Use a different kind of pot. Put plastic bottles or something in the bottom, then a layer of the garden cloth, or a piece of old sheet. Then soil then plants with more soil. This makes the pot more breathable from the bottom. And much more happy plants.

Been there with many plants. Happy Gardening!

You need a deep enough pot for the root systems. About 10-12 inches of dirt deep. They need to set roots off the main stem and make itself stronger, then goes about its business setting fruit blossoms.

July 20, 2011 Flag

I am having trouble with my capsicum plants (bell peppers). The leaves are falling off and they have also gotten a bit light and close to a yellow colour. I don't see any insects on the plants. Any ideas please? from Sri Lanka

By Sumudu L. from Sri Lanka

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Peppers need lots of things, mostly a fair amount of water, but they can also benefit from epsom salts. Place1 tablespoon under the plant when transplanting, or mix1 tablespoon in a gallon of water and spray the soil, or you can use a spray attachment on a garden hose (use 1/2 cup of salts).

I spray the soil around the plant once a week and the pepper plant stopped losing leaves. I now have my first batch of flowers and one lone pepper starting to grow.

June 1, 2010 Flag

What is the problem when the lower leaves of pepper plants turn yellow and fall off? How do I fix it?

Karen from Pensacola, FL

Answers:

Yellow Leaves on a Pepper Plant

They need nitrogen. Try Miracle Grow. (06/06/2008)

Yellow Leaves on a Pepper Plant

You might be over watering them or watering them at the wrong times of the day. Never water plants in the sunny part of the day only early mornings and late evenings when the sun is down. (06/07/2008)

By candleglows

Yellow Leaves on a Pepper Plant

Nitrogen deficient leaves don't normally fall off. While the lower leaves turn chlorotic (yellow) the upper leaves often appear lighter green and smaller than normal. Lower leaves that are yellowing and sometimes wilting that are followed by falling off in numbers is usually due to over watering.
Leaves that are yellowing and falling off about 2 sets of leaves from the bottom (but not all at once) could just be the natural occurrence of old leaf drop as the plant grows. (06/10/2008)

By Vera_Eastern_Wa

Pepper Plant
Growing Pepper Plants
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 1, 2010
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄