Spinach Stuffed Sole
A scant amount of oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lb sole fillets or other white fish
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 4 oz (1 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sauteed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Serving: 4 (1 fillet roll)
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 312 mg
Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 8:31:12 PM on 10.0.2.159 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us