Spinach Stuffed Sole
A scant amount of oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lb sole fillets or other white fish
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 4 oz (1 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sauteed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Serving: 4 (1 fillet roll)
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 312 mg
Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 8:40:24 AM on 10.0.2.177 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us