Cleaning Fuel Oil from Upholstery Fabric

My husband got fuel oil on the cloth seat of his truck. What can I use to clean, and get the smell out of it? Also what can I do to get fuel oil smell out of his clothes?

Teresa L. from Ft Ashby, WV

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My husband was a trucker. His clothes smelled of diesel, but vinegar in the rinse water took care if that.

Talcum will absorb the oil then brush with vinegar water.

I'd spray with vinegar water, then sprinkle with 20 Mule Team Borax , cover with plastic overnight, then remove plastic and let dry well next day in the sun and brush or vacuum off.

God bless and help you. : )

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoJune 25, 2008
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:22:33 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.