Dollar Bill Origami

The long known art of origami has always seemed sort of mysterious to me so I decided to learn a few simple shapes to give to my grandchildren in their Easter baskets or for Valentine's Day and I am sharing a couple of them.

Approximate Time:

• 2 $1 bills
  • 3” chenille stem
  • lots of patience

Instructions:

Dollar Bill Butterfly

Begin by folding the narrow ends in to meet in the center of one bill. The other bill fold the narrow ends in toward the center, but leave a space in the middle the same width as your folds. By looking at this bill it will be divided into thirds. See diagram A

Now fold the four corners of both bills in till they meet in the center. See diagram B

OK, on both bills make narrow accordion folds from X to X. See diagram B.

Place both bills together at X and center your chenille stem, tie and shape for antenna.

In the photo, you will see a spider which was hard to make. Also, a snake and a turtle (mine didn't look quite like I wanted, but you can get the idea) and the swan and butterfly.

There are a lot of sites with free instructions if you want to try your patience.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

These are great, Ann! What a wonderful way to introduce/teach children about assorted arts and crafts and a bonus of receiving some cash, too. ;-)

I love these! Thanks.

I like to give something similar as a wedding present instead of cash. I make flowers out of the bills and attach them to a branch. Planted in a pretty plant this makes a nice money tree for the newly weds. I like your butterfly, I think next time I will copy your idea too.

Dollar Bill Origami Ideas
Dollar Bill Origami Ideas
Crafts Paper OrigamiJanuary 26, 2011
White Low Flow Toilet
Saving Money on Your Sewer Bill
Toilet Paper Origami Fan
Making a Toilet Paper Origami Fan
Origami Chopstick Wrapper
Origami Chopstick Wrapper
Origami
Origami Craft Ideas
🎄