Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing Spaghetti Squash

Can you freeze spaghetti squash?

By tpp from Akron, OH

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Anonymous [848]09/09/2010

Wash and remove seeds. Bake whole or cut in half. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Cook until tender. Scrape pulp from rind or remove rind and cube. Cool and freeze cubes. Or mash pulp, cool and pack.

Here are questions related to Freezing Spaghetti Squash.

Question: Freezing Spaghetti squash

Can spaghetti squash be frozen?

By Brenda from Tyler, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Christi [7]10/21/2012

My mom would cook the squash in the microwave & when cool she would scrape the softened insides & then dust it with cornstarch before placing in plastic zip lock bags. I think the cornstarch kept it from sticking (?)

Question: Freezing Spaghetti Squash

How do I freeze spaghetti squash?

By Toola

Most Recent Answer

09/06/2011

Cook until tender, allow to cool and freeze with as much air removed from the freezing container as possible.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Freezing Spaghetti Squash

I would like to know if spaghetti squash can be frozen once it's been cook. Can it be frozen at all?

Jane from Schenevus, NY

RE: Freezing Spaghetti Squash

Yes, I freeze it all the time. I buy several when I find them on sale. I cook them in the microwave. Cut them in half and scoop out the seeds. Turn the halves upside down on a plate (one half at a time) and cook in the microwave just until you can pull the strands out with a fork. Do not overcook or it will just be mush. Let it cool and place enough for a meal in a Ziploc bag, press out as much air as possible and seal. (09/08/2006)

By Harlean from AR