Trisodium EDTA in Laundry

I have a question about Trisodium EDTA: From what I have read about Trisodium EDTA it chelates (combines with) calcium and iron. I have an abundance of both Ca and Fe in my water and want to know if this would be a good additive to my laundry powder (homemade). I already use vinegar in the rinse to help with the calcium problem but I also need something to prevent the discoloration caused by the iron. How much should I use per laundry load?

Seagrape from Nebraska

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Trisodium EDTA is used in Scope, and that is what American Red Cross gave us when we were involved with an apartment fire. It sure did get the smoke out! I would add it to a small batch (very Minimal) and use it on only heavy oders. I do not have a bottle, but call the company to find out what their percentage is. We were told to use 1/4 cup in a wash load, so I'd suspect you don't need much, given the water/additives in Scope.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 7, 2005
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Photo of a hand holding a supplement bottle.
EDTA Information and Advice
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:40:19 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.