Removing Road Paint

What do I use to remove the white road paint from my truck without ruining the finish?

MisBonnie from IN

Best Answer

I think mineral spirits, or something oil based, maybe WD-40. Try the mineral spirits in an area that isn't visible and see how it affects the paint job, if not signs of damage, use it sparingly on the road paint. Road paint is a very strong paint.

When I used to call on body shops I would see a lot of cars in the shops to have road paint removed.Some tried using a compound to remove the paint but that did'nt work so they had to repaint the car.

Road with freshly painted yellow lines.
Removing Road Paint From Your Car
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoAugust 20, 2006
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 2:52:52 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.