Reuse Bags For Thrifty Litter Box Clean-Up

I have this "thing" where I like to reuse anything that's headed for the trash in another way at least one more time (yes, I probably border on obsessive-compulsive). However, in the long run, this practice does save money.

As far as cat clean-up is concerned, I choose to reuse empty bags from pasta, cookies, and other snack foods, coffee filters, etc. to collect what the cat leaves in her litter box each day. Since I refuse to pay for something that is just going to end up in the trash, I will not purchase bags for this purpose. It feels good to reuse the bags before tossing.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Good for you on using what you do. I use the plastic grocery bags to do our cat box - one plastic bag will take care of a week of litter waste for me.

Marie, you posted what I've been doing for years and didn't think to post it. We will use any bag that's headed for the trash such as the ones you use as well as Walmart and other such bags. I just don't understand Buying bags when we get them for free. Thanks for putting out the word!

Pets CatsApril 21, 2008
Kitty Litter Substitute
Kitty Litter Substitutes
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
🎄
🍂