Store Craft Supplies in Tackle Boxes

I use fishing tackle boxes from Walmart or Kmart to store craft supplies or sewing notions like threads, buttons, needles, beads, etc. I also use one box for kids art supplies like crayons, pencils, markers, erasers, etc. They have adjustable plastic dividers that can be fixed to the size of the item you need to store. I store my earrings and jewelery in one and makeup accessories in another. These boxes have handles to carry them around easily and also stack well for easy storage.

By Rayma from Edison, NJ

What a great idea! I am definitely going to try this.

Thank you

You can make your own version with those lovely wooden wine boxes. Make slots two-thirds their height, in strips of cardboard that are the length and breadth of the inside of the box, and fit them inside the box to make your own dividers. If the box is deep, you can have two layers; simply make two loops at the side of the horizontal oblong divider so you can lift out the top tray without making a mess.

I bought two tackle boxes several years ago at Walmart. I use one for knitting and crocheting needles, bobbins, etc., and the other is in constant use in my kitchen as a step stool for the shelves I can't reach from the floor and to store my handywoman's tools -- screwdrivers, hammer, tape measure, etc.

Yes, and again the tackle boxes are cheaper than their counterpart storage containers for crafts for women.

Needed: storage ideas for large quantities of yarn

Craft supplies for scrapbooking, including scissors, punches, paper and other decorations.
Organizing Craft Supplies
Crafts AdviceApril 29, 2009
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄