Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Angel Food Ministries

What do you think about Angel Food Ministries?

By KC

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By carolcoen [1]04/18/2010

I too am disabled but I love Angel Food Ministries. I spend so little and get so much. You can't go wrong.

By Joan [13]04/17/2010

I have left messages and emails at the churches here that participate in the Angel Food Ministries asking about delivery and never get a reply.

By Patricia Nicholas [13]04/17/2010

I love Angel Food, and now that there are more options when ordering I love them even more. We have a few people who don't drive, etc so some of us that do will drive for everyone and we all go together for pick-up. It usually turns into a fun morning of dividing and trading foods so that none of us gets things we won't use.

By Terry Rawlinson [4]04/16/2010

I just love this! I save a bit each week from my budget and then order the food. It is a real budget stretcher for my hubby & I. The senior meals aren't very good but everything else I have tried has been great! AND if you go to retailmenot.com there is usually a coupon code that saves anywhere from 5-10%

By christine moses [3]04/16/2010

Every time I have ordered I always am happy. The church's here do help those with out transportation. It's good food and good people!

By Joan [13]04/16/2010

My big complaint is that for people that are without transportation and have no way to get to the site to pick it up they don't have any volunteers to deliver. This is really a slam against seniors and handicapped people.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

When I worked part time at my Church, we received may calls for help with food to feed the family. We only had so much available and it was never enough to meet the great need. This is one of the options we offered to help people who were not able to get the help from us on a ongoing basis. Hopefully, this will be a great place for others to also get more food from their food budget.

Angel Food Ministries works to provide grocery relief to communities throughout the US. It is completely free to participate and there are no income limitations or forms to fill out. The non-denominational program works with local community churches and organizations to provide boxes, or "units", of food to people at the cost of $25 per unit. Each month, your local host site will collect orders and payment, then about 2 weeks later you bring your own box to pickup your order. To find a host site in your town, go to: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/hosts.

The unit contents are different each month, and each unit is generally considered to be at least a $50 dollar value. To see what this month's menu is for your area, go to: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menu.

Once you purchase a unit either for yourself or someone else, you also have the option of three special packages as add-ons to your order, each for a substantial discount over grocery store prices.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall

RE: Angel Food Ministries

We have been using AFM for a year - and I think I have missed 3 months in the year's time of getting my order in. This is a wonderful ministry. Working in the public assistance area for 24 years of my life it is so great to see a program with no income guidleines at all. And what a great value for $25.00. My spouse has been out of work - so I am the only one with an income - and I can say for certain, that God has used AFM to bless our family. Not to mention - that the clients that our agency serves, can use their FS benefits in a lot of sites to get great deals! Thanks --- Angel Food Ministries -- what a wonderful program.... (09/29/2007)

By Chaingang

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I just became aware of this program but I'm sure it will help out many in the community and surrounding areas that can get to it. The good thing is that the ones with FS can also get the food!! It truly is a GODSEND! (10/14/2007)

By Zina

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

A friend told me about a web site http://www.angelfoodministries.com. You get about $60.00 worth of food for $30.00, plus specials. Almost every state has this network and most cities. You just select your state, then a city and it will tell you the distribution center, deadline date and distribution date. There is no income qualifications and no application so everyone is eligible. You can buy as many boxes as you like.

If, for instance, you go to the website and select "menu" and then "February 2008". They will tell you what items will be available in February. Every month, the menu items change. I plan on doing this on a regular basis. Finally, a program that applies to everyone! My distribution center is not even five minutes from my house! Hope this helps and thank everyone for their wonderful, recipes, tips and advice.

Source: http://www.angelfoodministries.com

By Debra from Elkhart, Indiana

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I've used this before in CA and have seen it in GA, but under the name "Food Source". Same idea and great values. (02/06/2008)

By Nance

RE: Angel Food Ministries

My husband and I have used this several times. But decided it wasn't for us with him being diabetic and me needing some weight off. The meats are mostly needed to be deep fried or are coated to be fried. They are a great help when just trying to get your family fed in a pinch though. (02/07/2008)

By Grandma Bess

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Is there a similar program in Ontario, Canada? (02/19/2008)

By Pennypacer

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Thank you so much! I have been looking for this info for YEARS now. I used to do this about 8 years ago and then we moved out of state and I could not remember the name of this program! I have desperately been trying to find info and I am so happy to have found that you posted it here! Thanks so much! (02/19/2008)

By imama2many

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Please also check the Share Program. It works somewhat like the Angel Food Ministries, except you give two yours of your time , and a low fee for the food boxes. The food is also of excellent quality. (06/02/2008)

By santiagomarlene

RE: Angel Food Ministries

This is a wonderful program we are retired and our ss checks. It never seem to go far, so this really helps us. Thank god for you all that care. (06/08/2008)

By

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I live with my father who is retired and as I'm also on disability we both love the advantages of AngelFoods! We also both love to cook so who better than Angel Foods to supply us with not only great food at very reasonable prices,but some very good ideas and recipes in your newsletters. Thanks to you all! (08/02/2008)

By Philip

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I like Angel Food. For $30 you get quality groceries worth about $60. That's a big help. Volunteers distributing the food at the churches are friendly. They give their time just to serve people. The host sites are at http://www.angelfoodministries.com/hosts.asp (06/29/2009)

By Help4hunger

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

If you want to reduce the cost of your everyday food, consider the following: contact the Angel Food Ministries. It is connected with local churches and is a very good food program.

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

I have some physical problems and my husband's insurance company suggested some people who might be able to help me. One company I had never heard of before is AngelFoodMinistries.com.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.