Angel Food Ministries

By KC 1 1

What do you think about Angel Food Ministries?

By KC

Filter Sort

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

My big complaint is that for people that are without transportation and have no way to get to the site to pick it up they don't have any volunteers to deliver. This is really a slam against seniors and handicapped people.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By christine moses 3 13 Flag

Every time I have ordered I always am happy. The church's here do help those with out transportation. It's good food and good people!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Terry Rawlinson 7 25 Flag

I just love this! I save a bit each week from my budget and then order the food. It is a real budget stretcher for my hubby & I. The senior meals aren't very good but everything else I have tried has been great! AND if you go to retailmenot.com there is usually a coupon code that saves anywhere from 5-10%

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Patricia Nicholas 13 74 Flag

I love Angel Food, and now that there are more options when ordering I love them even more. We have a few people who don't drive, etc so some of us that do will drive for everyone and we all go together for pick-up. It usually turns into a fun morning of dividing and trading foods so that none of us gets things we won't use.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

I have left messages and emails at the churches here that participate in the Angel Food Ministries asking about delivery and never get a reply.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By carolcoen 1 121 Flag

I too am disabled but I love Angel Food Ministries. I spend so little and get so much. You can't go wrong.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

I was alerted to this ministry when my husband and I ran through a tough time and I still use it. It is called Angel Food Ministries. Each month you can purchase a huge lot of various foods. The average cost is just under $3.00 a lb, but what you are getting costs far more if purchased in a supermarket. For an additional $18.00 you can get a meat special. I got New York Cut for just under $3.50 a lb!

For $43.00 I fed my family for almost an entire month! I just needed to keep up on milk, bread, and eggs.

You can link to them at http://www.angelfoodministries.com . They were truly a Godsend to us!!! They helped us recover during a bad time.

By Fran Marie from Goose Creek SC

Feedback:

RE: Feedback About Angel Food Ministries

I use them monthly, and I have never been disappointed with the food. I've even helped several family members get started in different parts of the country. While the main unit is the same no matter where you are in the country, my parents have access to more "special orders" than we have where I live, at least during the holidays--like fruit units. None-the-less, it's a great deal. I especially like that the menu is changed monthly. It has really helped our grocery budget, and now we eat things that I don't normally buy, because of cost. Some months, I get more than 1 unit, if I have room in my freezer. And the volunteers are sooooo nice... (11/30/2005)

By susanmajp

My mom and I use the boxes and usually get at least one of the specials. It really helps our food bill. If there is something that we don't like or can't eat, I take it to the food pantry at the church. (11/30/2005)

By blackcatsmom

I USE THEM MONTHLY AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. WONDERFUL RESOURCE AND THEY TAKE FOOD STAMPS ACCORDING TO THE MINISTER OF THE CHURCH. WHEN I CAN I BUY A MENU AND DONATE IT FOR THE CHURCH TO GIVE TO A NEEDY FAMILY. JUST MY WAY OF PAYING IT FORWARD. (12/01/2005)

By SNIGDIBBLY

I have used the Angel Food ministries several times, and it is consistently a great deal. If you are needing help with your food, it is a Godsend. They always include vegetables and fruit, and a dessert, and there are many ways to cook the meats, etc. Sometimes it is something I would normally buy at the store, sometimes not, but very rarely is there something I can't use in some way or another. Just be sure to take a couple of boxes to either put your food in or trade for boxes they have already loaded up! I loved it, and it was a huge help! I also love the fact that anyone can take advantage of the program, you don't have to be on any other assistance or anything... Merry Christmas! (12/01/2005)

By Glenda Carr

WOW!!!! what an amazing buy and sounds like good food. I live in SDakota so Im unable to get this.:P (12/01/2005)

By

I get a box every month. I am on fixed income thereforth it is a blessing. I get special every once in a while. this month they have fruit specials but too much in them for me. GOD bless all this Season. (12/01/2005)

By Shirley

Just to echo the previous writers..my family and several friends have bought boxes for several months. We've never been disappointed with the food. Sometimes we receive things I would not normally have purchased, but could still use! (12/01/2005)

By Ann

Thank you for the information! I am so excited to get my first order. This is definately going to help me stay on track w/my food budget for the month! (12/02/2005)

By COOKIEPOM

There is a similar program available in the central part of the US in the states of Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri and perhaps a few more. It is called SHARE. For more information go to www.heartlandshare.com. The prices are great! The majority of the food is made up of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and meats (meats are usually frozen). It's healthy food for an extremely reasonable price.
At our local distribution point we had volunteers who would deliver the orders to the elderly and handicapped people who were physically unable to come pick up their orders.
Many folks often ordered an extra "share" to give to a neighbor or relative who was experiencing financial difficulties.
You can use food stamps to buy this food and there are no income restrictions whatsoever. Our participants range from the nearly homeless to wealthy business owners.
Another plus is that it is a cheap, fast way to do the majority of your grocery shopping! No driving from store to store for sale items. No walking up and down long aisles in several grocery stores and waiting in line to check out. I love it! (12/02/2005)

By Grandma Margie

Well, I got my first Angel Food Box a few weeks ago. I have to say, I was so pleased with the foods and the group that distributed the food. I have told so many people about the program and I hope more of my friends use it as well. I encourage anyone that has the opportunity use this great service. (12/27/2005)

By COOKIEPOM

I just ordered my first package of food from :Angel Food Ministries". I don't pick up the food for a few weeks. I paid $25.00 for what appears on paper to be a great buy for groceries.

Has anyone used this service? If so what has your experience with this neat ministry?

TIA! Cookiepom from Owensboro, KY (01/25/2006)

By ThriftyFun

RE: Angel Food Ministries

My family could use this but we are very hesitant. We are a Christian family that attends mass on a weekly basis. Our church does not offer this however there is a local church that does. Can someone tell me if they try to recruit you to their church or push their beliefs on you? Thanks and God bless. (01/25/2006)

By CRMom

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Hi there! I found Angel Food Ministries about a year ago. I can truly say they saved me! You see my Mom passed away in July from cancer. Between caring for her and my Dad, along with my granddaughter I missed a lot of work. Their food packages allowed me to not only feed my family but my parents also.... for far less than I would have spent a week in the store. They do not care what church you attend, or even if you attend church. They just want to help! You can pay by cash, debit, and most churches accept personal checks. Check out their website...all "menu's" are posted along with a listing (by state) of local churches that are members. (01/25/2006)

By karen_SC

RE: Angel Food Ministries

There is no access for this in Maine. I tried months ago.

Kathie, South Portland, Maine (01/26/2006)

By kathleen48

RE: Angel Food Ministries

To CRMom: No, they will not pressure you in any way or try to convert you to their beliefs. The program is not based that way. It's not just for people under a certain income level or anything like that. It's simply a means to try to help people get the very most out of their food dollars.

Our distribution site is through the local school district and my husband is an administrator there so I know for a fact that at this particular site, there is no pressure, no preaching, no nothing other than lots of smiles and friendly faces. Normally our patrons are in and out in less than 5 minutes.

The only downside we have found is that my husband is not able to eat some of the offerings because he is a diabetic, and Angel Food Ministries does reserve the right to substitute when necessary. However, nothing we bought went to waste as we shared what he could not eat (or rather should not eat) with others.

You lose nothing but a great opportunity if you don't try this program for at least a month or two. The food is topnotch, sometimes name brand, and the quality is excellent. (01/26/2006)

By

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Wow, I can't believe someone from GC posted on here. My stomping grounds!!! Go Gators! My family still lives in Goose Creek, I just live 15 minutes away now.(01/27/2006)

By Karen (life long gator), Summerville, SC

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Angel Food Ministries are opening up all over. The one we do is based at our church, but the Assembly of God, Church of God, and Christian Motorcylists of America all help with it. The time it takes you to order your food and then pick it up is often less time than you'd spend at the grocery store. Especially when you consider standing in line at the check out. It is not based on income, but is designed for those on a fixed income. They also take food stamps.
(02/08/2006)

By PJC

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I have been getting Angel Food for about 6 months now. It is great! Also, the church gets $1.00 for each box sold. The church I pick up from puts a small Christian tract in the box and maybe a flyer of an upcoming church event but there is no pressure.

They do often substitute food so don't plan your meals until you pick up your food. There is a lot of chicken but everything is very good quality.
(02/20/2006)

By Pat

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I use Angel Food ministries and am fairly pleased. I am in Indiana though, and we have a tough time with Truck delivery. We sometimes wait 3 hours for the doors to open. And I have never gotten fruit! Otherwise a good program. (07/26/2006)

By Jamie

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I have been using angel food for over a year. We enjoy the food and my kids enjoys the chicken in the box and the chicken specials. It has helped us keep food in the house. (07/11/2007)

By brenda

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

When I worked part time at my Church, we received may calls for help with food to feed the family. We only had so much available and it was never enough to meet the great need. This is one of the options we offered to help people who were not able to get the help from us on a ongoing basis. Hopefully, this will be a great place for others to also get more food from their food budget.

Angel Food Ministries works to provide grocery relief to communities throughout the US. It is completely free to participate and there are no income limitations or forms to fill out. The non-denominational program works with local community churches and organizations to provide boxes, or "units", of food to people at the cost of $25 per unit. Each month, your local host site will collect orders and payment, then about 2 weeks later you bring your own box to pickup your order. To find a host site in your town, go to: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/hosts.

The unit contents are different each month, and each unit is generally considered to be at least a $50 dollar value. To see what this month's menu is for your area, go to: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menu.

Once you purchase a unit either for yourself or someone else, you also have the option of three special packages as add-ons to your order, each for a substantial discount over grocery store prices.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall

Feedback:

RE: Angel Food Ministries

We have been using AFM for a year - and I think I have missed 3 months in the year's time of getting my order in. This is a wonderful ministry. Working in the public assistance area for 24 years of my life it is so great to see a program with no income guidleines at all. And what a great value for $25.00. My spouse has been out of work - so I am the only one with an income - and I can say for certain, that God has used AFM to bless our family.

Not to mention - that the clients that our agency serves, can use their FS benefits in a lot of sites to get great deals!

Thanks --- Angel Food Ministries -- what a wonderful program.... (09/29/2007)

By Chaingang

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I just became aware of this program but I'm sure it will help out many in the community and surrounding areas that can get to it. The good thing is that the ones with FS can also get the food!! It truly is a GODSEND! (10/14/2007)

By Zina

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

A friend told me about a web site http://www.angelfoodministries.com. You get about $60.00 worth of food for $30.00, plus specials. Almost every state has this network and most cities. You just select your state, then a city and it will tell you the distribution center, deadline date and distribution date. There is no income qualifications and no application so everyone is eligible. You can buy as many boxes as you like.

If, for instance, you go to the website and select "menu" and then "February 2008". They will tell you what items will be available in February. Every month, the menu items change. I plan on doing this on a regular basis. Finally, a program that applies to everyone! My distribution center is not even five minutes from my house! Hope this helps and thank everyone for their wonderful, recipes, tips and advice.

Source: http://www.angelfoodministries.com

By Debra from Elkhart, Indiana

Feedback:

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I've used this before in CA and have seen it in GA, but under the name "Food Source". Same idea and great values. (02/06/2008)

By Nance

RE: Angel Food Ministries

My husband and I have used this several times. But decided it wasn't for us with him being diabetic and me needing some weight off. The meats are mostly needed to be deep fried or are coated to be fried. They are a great help
when just trying to get your family fed in a pinch though. (02/07/2008)

By Grandma Bess

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Is there a similar program in Ontario, Canada? (02/19/2008)

By Pennypacer

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Thank you so much! I have been looking for this info for YEARS now. I used to do this about 8 years ago and then we moved out of state and I could not remember the name of this program! I have desperately been trying to find info and I am so happy to have found that you posted it here! Thanks so much! (02/19/2008)

By imama2many

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Please also check the Share Program. It works somewhat like the Angel Food Ministries, except you give two yours of your time , and a low fee for the food boxes. The food is also of excellent quality.

(06/02/2008)

By santiagomarlene

RE: Angel Food Ministries

This is a wonderful program we are retired and our ss checks. It never seem to go far, so this really helps us. Thank god for you all that care.
(06/08/2008)

By

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I live with my father who is retired and as I'm also on disability we both love the advantages of AngelFoods! We also both love to cook so who better than Angel Foods to supply us with not only great food at very reasonable prices,but some very good ideas and recipes in your newsletters. Thanks to you all! (08/02/2008)

By Philip

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I like Angel Food. For $30 you get quality groceries worth about $60. That's a big help. Volunteers distributing the food at the churches are friendly. They give their time just to serve people. The host sites are at http://www.angelfoodministries.com/hosts.asp (06/29/2009)

By Help4hunger

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

If you want to reduce the cost of your everyday food, consider the following: contact the Angel Food Ministries. It is connected with local churches and is a very good food program. I am a senior citizen and my wife and I order on the 1st of the month at our church and get our full dinners during the last week of the month. You are going to be surprised at the low cost. If you have a computer, please pull up their web page and you will find locations all over the U.S. Most are at local churches. There is no commitment or income figure to meet.

Source: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

By jimbo719 from Lake Helen, FL

Feedback:

RE: Angel Food Ministries

The food provided them is an excellent value, and really good food! (09/19/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Thank you so much for this information. I have visited the site and placed an order. The pick up point is just ten miles from my home. This will help me tremendously. I'm elderly and struggling financially. Once again, thank you and God Bless You! (09/21/2009)

By irisbird

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I'm not sure if the prices differ from each location, but I found them not to be that inexpensive at all. When you break down the cost per pound of the meats, figure in the prices of the vegetables per pound, etc. you find, as a whole, it is not a bargain. Many people mistakenly believe if they are buying in bulk they are saving money. This is not true and you must know how much the items sell for by the pound in order to determine its overall cost saving value.

In addition, if you buy these items on sale at your local grocery store, the Angel Food Ministries is not really a bargain at all. Remember, the cost value of their package is based on suggested manufacturer's retail prices. Do your homework before you fall into the trap, no matter how cheap you think it might be. (09/21/2009)

By milkmaid1957

RE: Angel Food Ministries

The program doesn't do much to help people that have no way to get to the site to pick up the package. (09/21/2009)

By redhatterb

RE: Angel Food Ministries

Angel food varieties have been quite interesting for my husband and myself. We do not order the meals, but rather the basic assortment. We have not found too many things that we did not want, due to the meat being too fat, (normal reason), but when we do, we share that, and some other things with other family who might just need a boost at the time. We order two orders ea. Mo. And find that we always have meat left over, as we do not eat as much meat as is provided, but the variety is good, and the vegetables, frozen corn, lima beans, carrots, etc., Are quite good. Now it is not necessary, in our area anyway, to buy a standard order before ordering any of the specialty orders, so there are all kinds of choices. (09/23/2009)

By LJF

RE: Angel Food Ministries

My husband was laid off in April. This past month, I finally ordered my first box from AFM. I was so excited on pick-up day. When I arrived home, my husband and sons were waiting anxiously to see what this was really about. We carried in the food and set it out on our kitchen table. We looked at the food and were happy with the appearance. Well the month is over and we have used almost all of the food. We have been very happy with the quality and taste of everything we've made. For December, we ordered 2 boxes.

I know AFM is controversial but our family feels its a good deal and we are thankful that it is available. Between AFM and Aldi's, we have drastically cut our food costs and are able to put food on the table each night. (12/01/2009)

By CRMom

RE: Angel Food Ministries

redhatterb, contact the host site. The church I am with has delivery for the home bound, not part of the Angel Food Ministry directly, but run by the same person. (12/31/2009)

By Gray Wanderer

Archive: Angel Food Ministries

<div align="right">

</div>

I have some physical problems and my husband's insurance company suggested some people who might be able to help me. One company I had never heard of before is www.AngelFoodMinistries.com. This is a national company that offers boxes of food and pre-made meals for handicapped and/or busy people. I was pleased with the quality of food they offer and the price they ask for this food.

I suggest that you go to their website and see if this group can help you too. The food can be paid for online so you do not have to waste time when you pick up your food, just remember to take a copy of your order with you. Because your food must be picked up between the hours they are open (your food will be given to someone else at the discretion of the distribution site if you are not there in time) we also designated our daughter as an alternate pick up person (just in case my husband cannot be there).

I suggest everyone who has a difficult time preparing meals or everyone who would like a quality box of food for less than what you'd pay at the grocery store to look into this organization.

Source:

By Bobbie from Phoenix, AZ

Editor's Note: Angel Food Ministries is not available in every part of the country. Check the site to see if you can receive it where you live.

Feedback:

RE: Angel Food Ministries

With Angel Food Ministries, it would be nice if the volunteers could deliver the food for people that don't have cars for one reason or another. I can't afford to take a cab across town to pick the groceries up and I don't know anybody with a car that is any more physically able to handle that amount of groceries. The ones that could do it for me are the kind of people that I don't really want knowing my business. (02/19/2010)

By redhatterb

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I have used it and the Share program. I found that the meats were breaded and most of it was to be deep fried. The french fries were the end pieces that were cut off and not used in your regular brand. Also the canned green beans were the end pieces. If you have an Aldi's, Save a Lot, Fareway store, or dollar stores, you are far better off buying from them. You will come out ahead in price and value for your money, plus, you can use coupons when possible. (02/20/2010)

By craftyme

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I have used Angel Food ministries. I do not care for their frozen ready meals. They come 10/$28.00 which is not a great bargain. You can do a lot better at a grocery store with frozen meals on sale. I did purchase a 10 lb. pack of chicken for 20$ which I was quite happy with. There are coupons (believe it or not) for this service at retailmenot.com. (02/22/2010)

By monnat96

RE: Angel Food Ministries

I have had a wonderful time with Angel Food. I get at least 1 of the menu items listed every month. You can go to the website and it will tell you where churches are that participate. (02/22/2010)

By sandy63

Better Living Charity TipsApril 16, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crochet Angel
Making a Crochet Angel
Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 7:42:50 AM on 10.0.2.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

CommentsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings