Angel Food Ministries

What do you think about Angel Food Ministries?

By KC

My big complaint is that for people that are without transportation and have no way to get to the site to pick it up they don't have any volunteers to deliver. This is really a slam against seniors and handicapped people.

Every time I have ordered I always am happy. The church's here do help those with out transportation. It's good food and good people!

I just love this! I save a bit each week from my budget and then order the food. It is a real budget stretcher for my hubby & I. The senior meals aren't very good but everything else I have tried has been great! AND if you go to retailmenot.com there is usually a coupon code that saves anywhere from 5-10%

I love Angel Food, and now that there are more options when ordering I love them even more. We have a few people who don't drive, etc so some of us that do will drive for everyone and we all go together for pick-up. It usually turns into a fun morning of dividing and trading foods so that none of us gets things we won't use.

I have left messages and emails at the churches here that participate in the Angel Food Ministries asking about delivery and never get a reply.

I too am disabled but I love Angel Food Ministries. I spend so little and get so much. You can't go wrong.

April 16, 2010 Flag

I have some physical problems and my husband's insurance company suggested some people who might be able to help me. One company I had never heard of before is www.AngelFoodMinistries.com. This is a national company that offers boxes of food and pre-made meals for handicapped and/or busy people. I was pleased with the quality of food they offer and the price they ask for this food.

I suggest that you go to their website and see if this group can help you too. The food can be paid for online so you do not have to waste time when you pick up your food, just remember to take a copy of your order with you. Because your food must be picked up between the hours they are open (your food will be given to someone else at the discretion of the distribution site if you are not there in time) we also designated our daughter as an alternate pick up person (just in case my husband cannot be there).

I suggest everyone who has a difficult time preparing meals or everyone who would like a quality box of food for less than what you'd pay at the grocery store to look into this organization.

Source:

By Bobbie from Phoenix, AZ

Editor's Note: Angel Food Ministries is not available in every part of the country. Check the site to see if you can receive it where you live.

Answers:

Angel Food Ministries

With Angel Food Ministries, it would be nice if the volunteers could deliver the food for people that don't have cars for one reason or another. I can't afford to take a cab across town to pick the groceries up and I don't know anybody with a car that is any more physically able to handle that amount of groceries. The ones that could do it for me are the kind of people that I don't really want knowing my business. (02/19/2010)

By redhatterb

Angel Food Ministries

I have used it and the Share program. I found that the meats were breaded and most of it was to be deep fried. The french fries were the end pieces that were cut off and not used in your regular brand. Also the canned green beans were the end pieces. If you have an Aldi's, Save a Lot, Fareway store, or dollar stores, you are far better off buying from them. You will come out ahead in price and value for your money, plus, you can use coupons when possible. (02/20/2010)

By craftyme

Angel Food Ministries

I have used Angel Food ministries. I do not care for their frozen ready meals. They come 10/$28.00 which is not a great bargain. You can do a lot better at a grocery store with frozen meals on sale. I did purchase a 10 lb. pack of chicken for 20$ which I was quite happy with. There are coupons (believe it or not) for this service at retailmenot.com. (02/22/2010)

By monnat96

Angel Food Ministries

I have had a wonderful time with Angel Food. I get at least 1 of the menu items listed every month. You can go to the website and it will tell you where churches are that participate. (02/22/2010)

By sandy63

February 19, 2010 Flag

If you want to reduce the cost of your everyday food, consider the following: contact the Angel Food Ministries. It is connected with local churches and is a very good food program. I am a senior citizen and my wife and I order on the 1st of the month at our church and get our full dinners during the last week of the month. You are going to be surprised at the low cost. If you have a computer, please pull up their web page and you will find locations all over the U.S. Most are at local churches. There is no commitment or income figure to meet.

Source: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

By jimbo719 from Lake Helen, FL

Answers:

Angel Food Ministries

The food provided them is an excellent value, and really good food! (09/19/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Angel Food Ministries

Thank you so much for this information. I have visited the site and placed an order. The pick up point is just ten miles from my home. This will help me tremendously. I'm elderly and struggling financially. Once again, thank you and God Bless You! (09/21/2009)

By irisbird

Angel Food Ministries

I'm not sure if the prices differ from each location, but I found them not to be that inexpensive at all. When you break down the cost per pound of the meats, figure in the prices of the vegetables per pound, etc. you find, as a whole, it is not a bargain. Many people mistakenly believe if they are buying in bulk they are saving money. This is not true and you must know how much the items sell for by the pound in order to determine its overall cost saving value.

In addition, if you buy these items on sale at your local grocery store, the Angel Food Ministries is not really a bargain at all. Remember, the cost value of their package is based on suggested manufacturer's retail prices. Do your homework before you fall into the trap, no matter how cheap you think it might be. (09/21/2009)

By milkmaid1957

Angel Food Ministries

The program doesn't do much to help people that have no way to get to the site to pick up the package. (09/21/2009)

By redhatterb

Angel Food Ministries

Angel food varieties have been quite interesting for my husband and myself. We do not order the meals, but rather the basic assortment. We have not found too many things that we did not want, due to the meat being too fat, (normal reason), but when we do, we share that, and some other things with other family who might just need a boost at the time. We order two orders ea. Mo. And find that we always have meat left over, as we do not eat as much meat as is provided, but the variety is good, and the vegetables, frozen corn, lima beans, carrots, etc., Are quite good. Now it is not necessary, in our area anyway, to buy a standard order before ordering any of the specialty orders, so there are all kinds of choices. (09/23/2009)

By LJF

Angel Food Ministries

My husband was laid off in April. This past month, I finally ordered my first box from AFM. I was so excited on pick-up day. When I arrived home, my husband and sons were waiting anxiously to see what this was really about. We carried in the food and set it out on our kitchen table. We looked at the food and were happy with the appearance. Well the month is over and we have used almost all of the food. We have been very happy with the quality and taste of everything we've made. For December, we ordered 2 boxes.

I know AFM is controversial but our family feels its a good deal and we are thankful that it is available. Between AFM and Aldi's, we have drastically cut our food costs and are able to put food on the table each night. (12/01/2009)

By CRMom

Angel Food Ministries

redhatterb, contact the host site. The church I am with has delivery for the home bound, not part of the Angel Food Ministry directly, but run by the same person. (12/31/2009)

By Gray Wanderer

September 18, 2009 Flag

A friend told me about a web site: Angel Food Ministries. You get about $60.00 worth of food for $30.00, plus specials. Almost every state has this network and most cities.

February 6, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

September 28, 2007 Flag
Better Living Charity TipsApril 16, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crocheted Heart Angel
Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄