Freezing Grapes

By June Dixon 2

A great way to preserve grapes is to freeze them. They can be used as tasty ice cubes or make for a great frozen treat on their own. This is a guide about freezing grapes.

A photo of frozen grapes.
Filter Sort

Tip: Garnish Wine With Frozen Grapes

By d hanley 1

Freeze grapes before they go bad. They make a wonderful garnish in wine and keep it cool! Place red grapes in white wine, and white grapes in red wine! You'll be the hit of the party. Enjoy

By Darnie from Langley, BC Canada

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

By Mom L 2

This summer I wanted to cut down on sugar consumption when grandkids visited. I put assorted colored grapes on wooden skewers and froze the individual skewers. Voila! Grapesicles! (Unfortunately, my husband and I loved them so much, we are now in Frozen Grape Rehab!)

By Mom L from Graham, TX

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freeze Grapes as a Snack

By SUE 9 1

Just wanted too let you all know this, I am sure some already do, when grapes are on sale, buy them and freeze them. They make a great frozen snack. Be sure and wash them good before eating. The kids love them.

By Sue from Shoals, IN

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freeze Green Grapes

By Cindi B. 1

Just wash and freeze green grapes. They taste fantastic and - clearly - this makes them last longer too!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freezing Grapes

I take whatever seedless grape is on sale, take them off the "vine" and rinse and dry them. I put them in quart sized Ziplock and freeze them. At night when I'm watching TV I always crave something to snack on, so I eat a small bowl of frozen grates. They are terrific on a hot day in a tall glass of Orange Juice, or for a breakfast treat - try making a Mimoza (champagne and orange juice) and using frozen grapes as the "ice cube".

By Yarralumla

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freezing Grapes

I've been freezing red, seedless grapes for years. I buy 10-15 lbs. at a time. I separate the grapes from the stems, place in a large colander, rinse well and then place them in another collander in layers with paper towels in between to absorb all the moisture. I then place them in quart size ziplock freezer bags. It takes a few days for all the grapes in each bag to freeze.

At times I eat them plain but for a real treat, try the following: Place about 1/2 cups worth of frozen grapes in a small bowl and add a couple of teaspoons of plain yogurt, mixing well until all the grapes have a fine coating of yogurt. This keeps the grapes from sticking together. Then add about a teaspoon full of rice pudding and mix again to coat the grapes with a bit of the rice pudding on top of the yogurt. The combination of the grapes with the light coating of yogurt and rice pudding makes a desert that's a treat by themselves, or as a desert after a meal.

When I treat friends to this special treat, they can't believe how great it tastes. They're a treat each and every time. Give it a try,you won't be dissappointed.

By BB

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freezing Grapes

I can never seem to finish a whole bag of grapes before they go bad. So, out of curiosity, I put them into a blender, pureed them, and froze the puree in small plastic containers. I didn't need to add anything else. When frozen, it's similar to an Italian ice. The small pieces of the peel add an interesting texture.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freezing Grapes

When seedless grapes are on sale, I buy a large quantity, keep out what I guess will be eaten and flash freeze the rest of them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Then I dump them into a freezer bag and put back in the freezer. These grapes can be eaten frozen or thawed for a few minutes. Makes a great, healthy snack on a hot day. My grandchldren love them.

By June from Toronto, Canada

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Freezing Grapes

By Vi Johnson 286 801

I happen to like red flame grapes frozen. I wash the grapes, let them drain, and pat with paper towels to remove most of the water. I don't separate the grapes, I just put them in ziplock freezer bags and pop them in the freezer. They are fine for the full year.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

A healthful summer treat for little ones on a hot day: Give them frozen grapes! Simply freeze in a single layer in a cake pan and, when frozen, store in freezer bags. Or thread, alternating red, purple and green grapes, onto wooden skewers and freeze untill needed. They taste surprisingly good and are a better choice than popsicles which are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

Feedback:

RE: Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Yum! Frozen grapes are great! I recommend them highly. :-) (07/09/2008)

By WildIrish

RE: Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Another great "hot" summer day treat is frozen watermelon chunks! (07/11/2008)

By

RE: Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Love the idea of skewers of colors - a great way to use grapes while on sale. (07/13/2008)

By kimhis

RE: Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

JUST A NOTE OF CAUTION
    My grandson choked on a grape when about 2 years old - luckily we were right there and were somehow able to eject it - a frozen grape might be more difficult . We don't want to be killjoys but fore warned is fore armed. (07/19/2008)

By Bob Kennett

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJuly 23, 2011
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
    Freezing Potatoes
    Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
    Protecting Grapes from Birds
    Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
    Freezing Artichokes
    Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
    Freezing Eggplants
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 9:20:12 AM on 10.0.2.36 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsCommentsArchives
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost CommentsFewest CommentsRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings