Freezing Grapes

A great way to preserve grapes is to freeze them. They can be used as tasty ice cubes or make for a great frozen treat on their own. This is a guide about freezing grapes.

A photo of frozen grapes.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Freeze grapes before they go bad. They make a wonderful garnish in wine and keep it cool! Place red grapes in white wine, and white grapes in red wine! You'll be the hit of the party. Enjoy

By Darnie from Langley, BC Canada

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This summer I wanted to cut down on sugar consumption when grandkids visited. I put assorted colored grapes on wooden skewers and froze the individual skewers. Voila! Grapesicles! (Unfortunately, my husband and I loved them so much, we are now in Frozen Grape Rehab!)

By Mom L from Graham, TX

Just wash and freeze green grapes. They taste fantastic and - clearly - this makes them last longer too!

Just wanted too let you all know this, I am sure some already do, when grapes are on sale, buy them and freeze them. They make a great frozen snack. Be sure and wash them good before eating. The kids love them.

By Sue from Shoals, IN

I take whatever seedless grape is on sale, take them off the "vine" and rinse and dry them. I put them in quart sized Ziplock and freeze them. At night when I'm watching TV I always crave something to snack on, so I eat a small bowl of frozen grates. They are terrific on a hot day in a tall glass of Orange Juice, or for a breakfast treat - try making a Mimoza (champagne and orange juice) and using frozen grapes as the "ice cube".

By Yarralumla

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I can never seem to finish a whole bag of grapes before they go bad. So, out of curiosity, I put them into a blender, pureed them, and froze the puree in small plastic containers. I didn't need to add anything else.

I've been freezing red, seedless grapes for years. I buy 10-15 lbs. at a time. I separate the grapes from the stems, place in a large colander, rinse well and then place them in another collander in layers with paper towels in between to absorb all the moisture.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When seedless grapes are on sale, I buy a large quantity, keep out what I guess will be eaten and flash freeze the rest of them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I happen to like red flame grapes frozen. I wash the grapes, let them drain, and pat with paper towels to remove most of the water. I don't separate the grapes, I just put them in ziplock freezer bags and pop them in the freezer.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A healthful summer treat for little ones on a hot day: Give them frozen grapes! Simply freeze in a single layer in a cake pan and, when frozen, store in freezer bags. Or thread, alternating red, purple and green grapes, onto wooden skewers and freeze untill needed. They taste surprisingly good and are a better choice than popsicles which are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

Answers:

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Yum! Frozen grapes are great! I recommend them highly. :-) (07/09/2008)

By WildIrish

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Another great "hot" summer day treat is frozen watermelon chunks! (07/11/2008)

By

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Love the idea of skewers of colors - a great way to use grapes while on sale. (07/13/2008)

By kimhis

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

JUST A NOTE OF CAUTION
    My grandson choked on a grape when about 2 years old - luckily we were right there and were somehow able to eject it - a frozen grape might be more difficult . We don't want to be killjoys but fore warned is fore armed. (07/19/2008)

By Bob Kennett

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJuly 23, 2011
    Bunch of concord grapes against autumn leaves.
    Growing Grapes
    Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
    Protecting Grapes from Birds
    bowl of red, green, and black grapes
    Pickled Grape Recipes
    Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
    Freezing Eggplants
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 22, 2016 at 3:04:33 PM on 10.0.1.191 in 284 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.