Browsing: Freezing Grapes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Freezing Grapes

A great way to preserve grapes is to freeze them. They can be used as tasty ice cubes or make for a great frozen treat on their own. This is a guide about freezing grapes.

A photo of frozen grapes.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 18, 2009 Flag

Freeze grapes before they go bad. They make a wonderful garnish in wine and keep it cool! Place red grapes in white wine, and white grapes in red wine! You'll be the hit of the party. Enjoy

By Darnie from Langley, BC Canada

September 10, 2010 Flag

This summer I wanted to cut down on sugar consumption when grandkids visited. I put assorted colored grapes on wooden skewers and froze the individual skewers. Voila! Grapesicles! (Unfortunately, my husband and I loved them so much, we are now in Frozen Grape Rehab!)

By Mom L from Graham, TX

March 11, 2013 Flag

Just wash and freeze green grapes. They taste fantastic and - clearly - this makes them last longer too!

October 30, 2007 Flag

I am sure some already do this. When grapes are on sale, buy them and freeze them. They make a great frozen snack. Be sure and wash them good before eating.

August 27, 2008 Flag

I take whatever seedless grape is on sale, take them off the "vine" and rinse and dry them. I put them in quart sized Ziplock and freeze them.

April 17, 2006 Flag

I can never seem to finish a whole bag of grapes before they go bad. So, out of curiosity, I put them into a blender, pureed them, and froze the puree in small plastic containers. I didn't need to add anything else.

July 20, 2007 Flag

I've been freezing red, seedless grapes for years. I buy 10-15 lbs. at a time. I separate the grapes from the stems, place in a large colander, rinse well and then place them in another collander in layers with paper towels in between to absorb all the moisture.

March 23, 2006 Flag

When seedless grapes are on sale, I buy a large quantity, keep out what I guess will be eaten and flash freeze the rest of them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

March 23, 2006 Flag

I happen to like red flame grapes frozen. I wash the grapes, let them drain, and pat with paper towels to remove most of the water. I don't separate the grapes, I just put them in ziplock freezer bags and pop them in the freezer.

September 10, 2010 Flag

A healthful summer treat for little ones on a hot day: Give them frozen grapes! Simply freeze in a single layer in a cake pan and, when frozen, store in freezer bags. Or thread, alternating red, purple and green grapes, onto wooden skewers and freeze untill needed. They taste surprisingly good and are a better choice than popsicles which are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

Answers:

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Yum! Frozen grapes are great! I recommend them highly. :-) (07/09/2008)

By WildIrish

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Another great "hot" summer day treat is frozen watermelon chunks! (07/11/2008)

By

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

Love the idea of skewers of colors - a great way to use grapes while on sale. (07/13/2008)

By kimhis

Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

JUST A NOTE OF CAUTION
My grandson choked on a grape when about 2 years old - luckily we were right there and were somehow able to eject it - a frozen grape might be more difficult . We don't want to be killjoys but fore warned is fore armed. (07/19/2008)

By Bob Kennett

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJuly 23, 2011
Bunch of concord grapes against autumn leaves.
Growing Grapes
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
bowl of red, green, and black grapes
Pickled Grape Recipes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 2:44:59 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.