Problems Printing After Refilling Ink Cartridges

I have a HP F370 series printer and refill my own cartridges as a cost saving. Recently when printing, I'm getting only the top half of the image or printed word appearing on the page.

I removed and very carefully cleaned the heads with Meths and replaced. No change. I've been using this particular cartridge for a longtime now. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem, or is it simply time to replace with a new cartridge?

By Rebecca from Gold Coast Australia

I think that it's time to replace your cartridges. Cartridges can only be refilled so many times then they wear out themselves.

I was beginning to think that as well - Cheers

I never refill ink cartridges. It's almost cheaper to buy a new printer every time than to buy the ink! I have two printers. An HP all in one color printer/scanner/copier that I use for photos and I have a Brother printer that uses toner. I use this printer most of all because the toner lasts a long time, is cheaper than ink and only prints black for documents and letters.

Forget all that ink refilling. If you use the printer for photos, it's cheaper to take your thumb drive, CD or SD card to Walmart or a pharmacy and have them printed out.

The cartridges have a expiration date on them. Check to see if they are expired. This may be the problem, if so you will have to replace them.

I had an older printer and used to refill the cartridges all the time with no problems. Then I bought a HP printer and tried to refill those cartridges. After several refills, I had problems with part of the printed letters not printing too. To make a long story short, a lot of companies have now changed their printers to not accept refilled cartridges. They want you to buy new cartridges from them because this is where they make their money. Refilling the cartridges damages the printer. I caught mine before it was too bad, and am still able to use it, but others that I've talked to have had to buy new printers. Some have told me that you can safely refill your cartridges just once, then you should buy new ones.

Computers Printers InkJanuary 9, 2010
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Refilling Liquid Containers
Refilling Liquid Containers