Stovetop Chicken and Potatoes in Pickle Juice

Not long ago someone here asked for ideas to use pickle juice. The question definitely got me thinking ;) I found one chicken recipe at Allrecipes but didn't like a few of the ingredients so here's my tweak on it.

• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 3 potatoes, quartered
  • 1 cup dill pickles, thickly sliced
  • 1/2 cup celery, thickly sliced
  • 1/2 cup pickle juice

Directions:

Place the flour on a plate or in a shallow dish and season with the salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until golden, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and brown on the other side for about 3 more minutes. Pour in the chicken broth.

Stir in the potatoes, pickles, celery and pickle juice. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook about 40 minutes or when a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165 degrees F.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

So did you cook this recipe or just tweak it? I am curious as to how it turned out. Thanks

Yes I made it, Indianone, and I liked it or else I wouldn't have submitted it. I realize not everyone likes the taste of pickles but the pickles and pickle juice added a flavor to the potatoes, celery and chicken that I happen to like :-) It is subtle if that's what you might be worried about. When I said I tweaked the ingredients in the original recipe to my liking it meant just that ;-)

Uses for Pickle Juice
Uses for Pickle Juice
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryJanuary 25, 2010
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
🎄