Making Your Own Greeting Cards

You can make your own greeting cards by savings up interesting pix you find and then mounting them on computer card (I found mine at the discount bin at an office store). They will then fit into standard small envelopes. Inexpensive and unique and crafty! (Add stamps, etc. for even more of a craft quality.)

By Pam from Los Angeles

I, too, have found making cards can be an expensive hobby if you buy all the gadgets, diecuts, stickers, etc. So I'm always looking for ways to make them less expensively. I receive a ton of catalogs and clip various print swatches-as shown in rugs, apparel, furniture, etc. to use as background papers. One of my favorite items to clip is clocks to use for birthday cards with the caption "Time to celebrate" - varying the style of clocks used depending on whether the card is for male or female. I clipped a beautiful wreath, glued it to a scrap piece of cardstock to make it more sturdy and hide the back of it, used mounting tape to raise it off the card. It could be used for a thank you or birthday card.

I save old Christmas and Birthday cards - and cut out the pictures, mottos, anthing that can be cut out neatly and then I glue them onto stiff card - to make a whole new design. I also save from toiletries and food gift sets any bows or trims and glue these on too. I use ordinary children's glue as it takes a good while to stick which is good if I need to rearrange the design. Its best to do all your cutting out first so you have a good selection when making up a new design. Also if you have Pinking Shears - the scissors with a zig-zag cut - you can cut up old cards and make loads of gift tags for next year.

Kindest Regards - Borasic Lint

For my six year old grandson's Valentine this year I used a picture of a giraffe from a travel magazine. I cut out the giraffe and mounted it on a piece of thicker paper that had come in the newspaper with an advertisement on one side and white on the other. I left the head of the giraffe loose and tied a ribbon around his neck. Then added some wild animal stickers and some colorful buttons from my MIL's button collection for a "Wild about You" card. I saw the idea on Michael's site. Theirs was more professional but I added my own touch. I look for ideas where I don't have to buy new items to complete the card. Half the fun is in the creating.

Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Crafts Paper CardsSeptember 15, 2006
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Handmade Christmas card.
Making Your Own Greeting Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards