Fixing Scratch Marks on a Cream Colored Leather Sofa

Category Sofas
Upholstered cream leather sofa.
Scratches on leather furniture can go through the dye leaving light marks. There are a number of products you can use to mask the damage. This is a guide about fixing scratch marks on a cream colored leather sofa.

I have got a kitten who has left claw marks on my cream leather sofa, Please can you help me with any ideas on how to cover marks.

My sofa is 4yrs old and still looks brand new as I keep it covered. but some how the kitten has marked it. Please help.
Kind Regards

Kelly

Top Comment

I'd look for a shoe polish to match your sofa. Take a tiny bit on a Q-tip and apply it to the scratches. Then take a soft cloth and buff it out. That should help them to look less obvious. Little kittens have very sharp claws. It would be good to get the kitten a good scratching post and cover the sofa while the kitten is getting past its early life.

- Susan from ThriftyFun

Top Comment

I work in a furniture store and we've used the shoe polish too. If that doesn't work you can also try colored chalkboard chalk, it will color the raw leather below. There are two wonderful furniture grade repair kits out there too, one from a manufacturer called Guardsman and the other, Mohawk. If you can find them they might have repair kits for the leather.

I learned a long time ago to clip kitty toenails. You must be careful to not cut too far into the nail or it will bleed. I use finger nail clippers. Taking just the tip off will help. Do a search on cat toenails and maybe you can get better advice on how much to clip. If you can see a pink vain that is too close. I have 3 cats and regularly do them. Good luck.

http://www.shoeshinekit.com/ is a great site for selection of leather polish colors. My cats are inside/outside cats so I NEVER cut their nails. They need them to climb trees in an emergency. Besides, the more you clip, the more they need to scratch which sharpens their nails. I gave them a scratching post inside and that helps somewhat. I have the same problem with a few scratches on my midnight blue leather sofa and found this site above which has the best color selection.