My Frugal Life: Thrifty Midwest Mom

By kealey 2 9

Hi, I am a Midwest mom of 6, and I currently don't work outside the home. I take surveys, do secret shoppers, and occasionally provide homecare. I never have the extras in life, but I would like to have some nice things. I read blogs and sign up for freebies.

Just last month, I ate at Bob Evans for free with a gift card I earned. We ate 25 dollars worth and had money on the card leftover enough for a nice tip. I have earned gift cards, cash, and I can sample new products that aren't available. I have gotten perfume, cleaners, cereal, meals, and lotion, just to name a few of the things I have done. I cashed in my points on my sites enough so I earned a Kindle 3, free shipping guaranteed and all that. It only took me some of my time.

Everyone in my family envies me for good deals and bargains. If their car breaks or clothes or other things, it makes me feel good about my choices. I have used my free gift cards for clothes, presents, school supplies, etc. Have I gotten scammed? Yes, but I learned. I also use coupons but not to an extreme as I don't have enough space for a stockpile. I use them to help me afford nice things for my family. I also check out free things to do in my town. When I go shopping, I go straight to the clearance. I have gotten new shoes for 2 bucks and clothes for 75 cents.

I take advantage of using Kidvantage at Sears. All their kids' items are guaranteed. I am using this to help my kids clothes last longer. If they don't, they replace them for free. It is a bargain.

I also use Twitter. I post sponsor's posts, and I get paid when people click on them. I just started that, but I have earned over fifteen bucks for doing nothing. I also am a member of Amazon Prime. I am doing this as joining gets me free two day shipping; it pays for itself. I never used to shop there, but now I do. I like getting rewarded for things I am going to do anyways. I also turn in cans and use the money for things that I need.

I would love to help anyone earn more by doing less. I have thought of having a class at my local book renting service to share my ideas. I am also thinking of ways to barter with people that sell Avon, etc. There's a lot of things I can do. I am crafty and I am learning new skills to trade with others. This is my first essay I have ever written, but I would like to share the wealth and help others. Thanks for reading this.

By kealey

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Showing: Comments Sort

By Keeper 58 1,055 Flag

Loved your story.Thanks for sharing some wonderful ideas. Hope you win with this one.

Keeper

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda Seabury 1 16 Flag

This is an excellent article. I wish she would share specifics about sites she likes to earn things from and which ones to avoid.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Paula Jo C. 24 261 Flag

What an outstanding writer you are! Sounds as though you are keeping up with keeping up and good for you! You are doing a fantastic job!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Laura 1 Flag

Good information, I would like more about the amount of time you spend doing all this. What sites do you go to?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Luana M. 82 149 Flag

I am trying to find sites where I can earn any extra money I have lupus and on SSI so I do not want to lose my benefits however you are allowed to make some extra income. If anyone knows of how she did this, please get back to message me Luana M or email thrifty and ask they get a hold of me. I would greatly appreciate it. God bless each of you!

Luana M. Thanks once again!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Chris 1 68 Flag

Thank you, Kealey. Your story is sweet. I'll bet you'll go far!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeAugust 6, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Gooey Butter Cake
Gooey Butter Cake Recipes
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:55:37 PM on 10.0.0.17 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings