Place Kitchen Table in Corner

I painted the kitchen this weekend and wanted a new look. I had a bright idea that makes the room look bigger. Instead of having the table in the middle of the room, I placed it in the corner. I am pleased with the looks of the end result.

By freedombelle2001 from Bellevue, NE

Great idea! I'll be painting my kitchen soon too and think I'll do something similar. I have a double window on one side of the kitchen that the table would look really nice under. Never would have thought of that! Thank you!

(P.S. Coincidentally, I have the same exact chairs you do in this pic!)

I love the blue and white!

When I first did a walk through to buy this house the blue kind of shocked me. Then the wheels in my head started to turn with a idea, I already had a collection of cups, plates, vases in the blue and white willow pattern, so I bought a white bookcase and it is all displayed in my blue and white kitchen, so it worked out great for me. Linda H.

What would also look great and add seating would be to add a corner banquette in the corner. Exchange the table for a round one and you've doubled your seating area without taking much more space. Nice paint job!

Very, very nice job. It's so bright and cheerful looking.

Photos Home ImprovementApril 19, 2011
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires