Cats Under a Mobile Home

I have a mobile home that has had numerous cats do their duty under it? I have tried keeping them out, but they keep digging underneath. What is the best way to keep the cats out and rid the mobile home of the smell associated with it? The smell permeates throughout the home.

By Steve from Kellogg, ID

Vinegar, vinegar, vinegar! I cannot say it enough. Vinegar really does work on hundreds and hundreds of things. Try soaking rags or pieces of paper in full strength vinegar and placing under home to keep cats as well as other critters away! You will need to re-soak once a week to keep smell strong enough to work. Depending upon area will determine how many soak filled rags you should place.As for the smell in the home, once again vinegar! Make your own air freshener by combining 1/2 cup vinegar,2 cloves, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon into a glass jar. Place jar into microwave on high for 1 minute. Place jar into a room and it will absorb odors rather than cover them up like canned air fresheners. You can always double or triple the recipe for multiple rooms.

See if you can find out where the animals are getting under the home from; many times you can simply block their access easily using a variety of various items; one person got an old fireplace screen; put the board up; then put the screen up and placed cement bricks by it blocking all access under the mobile. Another simply found the location, and placed "cement blocks" by it; thus the going under the home problem was solved.

Once they no longer have access, I think that the smell will go away! hopefully anyway! think the vinegar sounds most excellent; I have found that it works for many things as well! Good luck!

Spread mothballs under your mobile home. Cats and many other animals hate them. Vinegar works, but doesn't last too long.

Keeping them out is key. But, if you love lemons and keep the rinds, toss them under there, too. Cats hate lemon smells and that keeps them out of house plants and outdoor flower beds, too.

No moth balls! The chemical fumes are hazardous to lungs and the chemicals are harmful to the environment and are extremely poisonous and especially so to children and pets! As another poster mentioned, simply find how and where they are getting under there and block the area! The odor will eventually dissipate but you can help the odor going away more quickly by the advice of yet another poster via vinegar!

NO MOTH BALLS. It doesn't actually work for cats, and the mothball smell is far worse and actually more dangerous for you than the cat smell.

When I had a similar problem, I had an aggressive mother cat that had access to the crawlspace, and she would keep the other cats out. However, when she got old, she couldn't do it.

Alternately, I would try spreading any sort of citrus scent. Orange peels might do the trick. When I had stray cats spraying their scent around my house, I doused the places with lemon scented Mr Clean, and that seemed to discourage them. I would splash it on full strength.

I have not had good luck with cat repellant, and the odor that it has is also weird, but you could certainly give it a try. I bought it at a garden store.

Mobile Home Trailer
Cats Under a Mobile Home
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 24, 2010
Mobile Homes in Snow
Winterizing Your Mobile Home
mobile homes
Storage Solutions for a Mobile Home
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Keeping Animals From Going Under a Mobile Home
🎉
🎄