Keeping Receipts For Returns

Keep a small coin purse in your purse and when you make a purchase put the receipt in the coin purse. You will always have your receipts with you if you need to return an item.

By DiscoDinah

I found that having a basket or box, (or whatever works for you) in a central location in the house so everyone in the family can put all their sales receipts in, works best for me. I save them by the month for quick retrivel ... you generally have an idea when you bought something.

Also if you have a hubby that always forgets to redeem coupons, you can go back to the store with the coupons and sales receipt for reimbursement!

I have bought things, only to have them go on sale ... my receipts are easy to find to take back to the store for an adjustment.

I have a coupon organizer labeled A-Z in which I file all of my receipts by name of store. It makes finding a receipt easy!

I have a big magnetic clip on the frig and that's where I put my receipts. I might have to hunt through them to find the right one but usually it is one of the recent ones so not too much trouble. I always put the current ones to the back of the stack.

I have also found that when buying clothing items that have tags, it's best to leave attached until you're absolutely sure you're keeping the item. I think it's much easier to return something if the tags are still on it. That's also quite handy if you've lost your receipt!

A pile of receipts.
Organizing Receipts
Budget & Finance ShoppingNovember 28, 2004
Robot Vacuum
Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews
Using calculator to balance checkbook with a large stack of receipts
Organizing Debit Card Receipts
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Unorganized stack of manuals
Storing Manuals and Receipts