Browsing: Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink

Motor Oil Stains in Sink

Please help! My boyfriend is a mechanic and there are motor oil stains in our bathroom sink! Does anyone know how I can get these pesky stains off the porcelain?

Lacey

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If the porcelain surface is in tact it is unlikely the sink itself is stained. Have you tried a mild abrasive cleaner? Or try filling the sink with water, adding bleach and leave overnight.

Regards

Jo

I would try mechanics hand cleaner, the goop in a jar that gets motor oil and grease off your hands. It is available at the auto parts store. Put some on a rag or paper towel and rub it into the stains. Wipe clean with another paper towel or rag and see if it is gone. Repeat as necessary. Hopefully that will dissolve the oil so it comes out.

- Susan

Well, we are deisel freaks here and teh only thing I use on grease any where any time gets it ever time from carpet to refridgerator door handle to teh knobs on the tub and the faucet in the sink and everything in between..... DAWN (the old blue kind not with any lotions or oils or scents) dishsoap and a little sponge and water..... I am often ask by others in our trucking field how we keep teh clothes and carpet and driveway and tools and selves clean from the grease.. I jsut smile and say DAWN. I leave a bottle in the bathroom at all times so he and I can wash with that instead of bar or liquid soap. the grease just lingeres with everything else!

Dollar general store still carries teh old blue kind I have come to know and love for still only a dollar a bottle. wallmart I think has it for 97 cents. and if that doesn't work let sink dry completely rub a genours amount of WD40 on all effected areas rub it in to the stains..... this will loosen teh stains , Now use the DAWN and it will come out. Good luck.

My boyfriend always has motor oil on his tighty whiteys! They wont come out! If you think that is bad then try getting out the gasoline stains! holy cow! ! !

Lacey I sell a cleaner that's made for cleaning oil stains E-mail me and i can send you a sample to try.

I had some odd yellow stains in my white enamel kitchen sink which did not respond to the usual bleach cleaner/Bon Ami cleanser. I tried peroxide, bathroom cleaner, cooktop cleaner, Soft Scrub, window cleaner, mildew inhibitor, Borax with lemon juice, OxyCLean with lemon juice, white vinegar and baking soda; I even dabbed on a bit of acetone (which is not something I wanted to do) and tried Awesome cleaner and pure bleach, which I let sit. NOTHING. Then I came home and it was as pure as the driven snow. My husband had bought and used a bit of BarKeepers' Friend. Unbelieveable.

Porcelain Sink
Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 2, 2004
Motor Oil on Concrete
Cleaning Motor Oil Stains From Concrete
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 9:35:27 AM on 10.0.0.134 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.