Craigslist Bargains at the End of the Month

I do a lot of shopping on craigslist. I have found that I get the best bargains at the end of the month when many people are moving, and don't want to move something to their new home. If the item they are trying to sell is in the basement, they will often take less. My most recent find was a trundle bed with two mattresses for $10.00.

By Liz from New Baden, IL

I agree with this tip and I always try to take small bills for the exact purchase amount. I can usually make what I call "the deal of the day" at yard sales on Sunday afternoons and have gotten wonderful Al Clad cookware for free because they didn't want to pack it up.

I am originally from New Baden, Illinois. Don't see that too often.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 12, 2008
Woman holding a box for a garage sale
Posting Your Garage Sale on Craigslist
Photo of Craigslist's website homepage.
Selling Items on Craigslist
Tomatoes growing with blossom end rot.
Blossom End Rot on Vegetables
Geisha Girl with White Border on Sides
Making a Geisha Costume