Grease Build Up on Oven Control Panel

How can I remove grease from the control panel on my oven? It is black and grease has built up on it and I have tried a lot of different things. It is not a slick smooth surface, the surface is somewhat textured.

Pat Branch from Asheville, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

The very best thing to remove grease build up on my stove is a magic eraser. They average $1 each and they will clean several things before they are used up. And the good thing is that you won't need any cleaners, just the magic eraser. Trust me, once you use one...you are hooked!

At a dollar store buy the product called awsome

it is cheep and good. I cleaned a vent a hood in a home that I moved into. that had grease build up about a inch thick.

The best things i've found to clean off grease is Dawn dish detergent; if it's not available where you live, use any de-greaser you may have on hand; check to make sure your degreaser has no caustic chemicals that might mar your surface. Since your stove has texture, you might also try scrubbing it gently with a fingernail brush. You could also add baking soda; it removes stuff like Comet (r) of Soft Scrub (r) and does not scratch surfaces.

I love Dawn Power Desolve. That works on everything and anything I've tried it on.

My husband uses lighter fluid (like for Zippos) We had a gas stove in a house we bought, and my husband cleaned off the top with windex, then got the trouble gunk with lighter fluid (let it set for 30 sec) and it looked brand new!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 5, 2006
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 14, 2016 at 12:07:54 PM on 10.0.0.174 in 835 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.