Slugs and Lung Worms in Dogs

We have been getting slugs for about 2 years. We wake up in the morning and see slug trails everywhere, but don't see the slug. The only time we see them is on a evening.

My mum who lives next door has them as well, she's even found them in the fridge. The thing that's causing concern is I was reading a article about lung worm at the vet. I have 4 dogs: it said dogs can catch lung worm from eating slugs or digesting their slug slim. It worries me a lot, has anybody else the same concerns?

By yorkshirebell from Leeds

Coughing is the most common sign of lungworm infection.

You can read all about Lungworm:

http://www.siri  gworm-flukes.htm

Put a trail of table salt where you have seen the slugs and to keep them out of your home, put a line of salt across your the door frame outside.

I had some slugs in Louisiana. They came in under a door that didn't fit tightly. When it was adjusted, they stopped coming in. Can you follow their trail & see where they are entering?

sick dog
Treating Lungworms in Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthMay 15, 2009
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
A dog and its owner.
Can Humans Catch Worms From Dogs?
A veterinarian holding a dog.
Remedies for Worms in Dogs
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:44:01 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.